Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 6/8

Any scouting reports on him this year? TheCrew07, did you write anything up on him this year?

No I haven't put the gun on him, but I haven't been to a Rattler game in person, I was down there for the D3 world series but it hasn't worked out to this point.

He looks to be low 90s, definitely throws an averagish off speed, but the break isn't consistent so I'm not sure if there are 1 pitch or 2... From the TV angle it's always hard to distinguish curve/change, unless the pitcher has a really good change that noticeably dives arm side.

For what it's worth here's what BA had as the draft scouting report, I don't recall seeing a slider out of him:

He's listed at 6-foot-1 but likely stands closer to 5-foot-11. He has good control of his three-pitch mix and some scouts grade him with three solid-average pitches, with his slider perhaps earning above-average grades. He pitches at 88-90 mph, topping out at 92-93 at times, and knows how to use his change and curve. He's strong-bodied and could step right into Arizona's weekend rotation as a freshman.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Thanks. I found the original scouting report, but was curious if there were any improvements to account for his performance improvement. I'd be happy to hear that he is working now in the 91-93 range for his FB.

Anyway, its be fun to add another pitcher to watch at A-ball. The more the merrier.

Yea, hard for me to distinguish between his change and curve. (If in fact he's throwing both of those.) He definitely has a slider that breaks late. I've seen him pitch several times now, and the combo of that slider and locating the fastball is what has made him very effective.

It nice to see guys like Sutter and Ortega doing well but I have a Question are they both considered and projected as starting pitcher in the major

If not, they should be.

Can't have too many starting pitcher prospects, and even if they are back-of-the-rotation types, better to pay `em $500K a season than to overpay a vet. I think Suter's closer to a #3 starter, and Ortega, when he's on, is a poor man's Greg Maddux.

Both had bad months. Suter's was April, Ortega's was May. But when on, they have really dominated, and both seem to have rebounded from their bad months.

Archived