Brewer Fanatic

Ventura / Machado Fight - How to Move Baseball Beyond Beanball Wars

why not suspend starting pitchers for "games started" instead of total games. Total games for a starting pitcher is a joke. Suspend them games started, based on their teams typical starting rotation.

Alright then (insert pitcher) is starting the next three days. 3 start suspension over.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why not suspend starting pitchers for "games started" instead of total games.

Because of money

Ventura was suspended for 9 games and thus he loses 9 games of pay. If say they wanted him to miss three starts, the suspension would need to be 15 games and i'd have given him at least that much.

Really hurt these pitchers who behave like Ventura and it will mostly stop. A 15-20 game suspension hurts them both in terms of missed games for their team and financially. They'll think twice before drilling hitters.

When grown men fight in normal society it is called assault and one man potentially goes to jail. Serving a minor suspension for it is nothing compared to normal society. They probably should just give them all like 30 game suspensions to knock the stupidity off.

For his career he averaged 1 HBP per every 34 IP. MLB Average this season: 1 in every 27 IP.

In Nolan Ryan's day you didn't have guys standing on top of the plate wearing body armor. I dare say a much higher % of those HBPs by Ryan were intentional than the MLB average this season. I also dare say that Nolan Ryan has much better control than the average MLB pitcher this year.

Well, he holds the MLB record for walks, and was notoriously wild.

Oh, and he doesn't just hold the walks record, he walked 2795 batters. Second place is 1833.

That might be the most unbreakable record in MLB history.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived