Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-05 Brewers (Peralta) at Phillies (Nola), 12:35 PM CDT

1992casey
I don't get why they don't move that fence back a little bit so if the ball hits the fence, it's a HR and you don't have to go through the review.

Or make that green top of the wall be the HR. I know the rules, but that fan doesn't really deserve to be tossed. Just about anybody would have tried to catch that.

I don't get why they don't move that fence back a little bit so if the ball hits the fence, it's a HR and you don't have to go through the review.

Or make that green top of the wall be the HR. I know the rules, but that fan doesn't really deserve to be tossed. Just about anybody would have tried to catch that.

Especially with a ball coming at you that fast. Last thing you need is a ball hitting the top of the fence and then skipping up and smacking you or someone else in the face. You really don't know where that ball is going to hit until it's right there.

MLB shouldn't allow stadiums to have seating like that where a fan could reach over and interfere like that because a lot of times, it isn't intentional. Put up some kind of barrier like the flower garden Philadelphia has in left field or a fence that's set back from the wall so you know that if it hits the fence, it's a home run.

I think we are watching the end of peralta's mlb career

A bit of an over exaggeration. A change needs to happen though.

The guy looks like he needs a year in the minors to get right. Can he come back after that? He needs to figure out his change up to have another 150 ip year and I'm not sure it's going to happen. And his value as a reliever is pretty low with his current k rate.

I'm sure he'll play but I don't know if he will open the year and finish the year in the starting 5 again.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Peralta to Colorado Springs? I can't see how that is going to help him. I hate the fact that our AAA team in in Colorado. Just a bad place to have any of your minor league teams play.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Peralta to Colorado Springs? I can't see how that is going to help him. I hate the fact that our AAA team in in Colorado. Just a bad place to have any of your minor league teams play.

Couldn't they send him down to AA? Is there a rule against that? They could just say, "Wily, we like you, but we need to see you get right...and the place to do that isn't Colorado Springs." I would think he would understand, even if he'd be unhappy with the demotion.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Just to add on, watch for Alex Presley. The look of his hosiery on Friday didn't work for me at all. It looked like compression stockings with a blue vertical stripe.

Here's Alex's fashion statement:

presley-socks.jpg

Those Socks should make for perfect strike zone for the Ump. Maybe Presly had some poor calls and wants to show the umps where his Kneecap his and where below is? I like the look for that fact. You can say the strike zone is from above the socks to below you're jersey lettering above the belt.

Alex wore plain blue socks yesterday. I'd assume that people gave him the business when he wore the white ones.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just to add on, watch for Alex Presley. The look of his hosiery on Friday didn't work for me at all. It looked like compression stockings with a blue vertical stripe.

Here's Alex's fashion statement:

presley-socks.jpg

Those Socks should make for perfect strike zone for the Ump. Maybe Presly had some poor calls and wants to show the umps where his Kneecap his and where below is? I like the look for that fact. You can say the strike zone is from above the socks to below you're jersey lettering above the belt.

Maybe I'm old, but I still prefer this look to the sloppy full pants look that Peralta was sporting. Looks like they were 2 inches too long.

I've never seen it happen, but I'm always afraid that a player will get his spikes caught in the bottom of his pants leg.

I prefer the look of stirrups… the real ones, not the fake look that Alex was wearing. You rarely see them these days. But they're available as an option; a player (I don't remember who) wore them last year.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived