Brewer Fanatic

Santana activated, Broxton to AAA [Latest, post 21: Santana back to DL, Broxton back up]

JDBrewCrew
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Reed and Wren have OPS over .800 against LHP. While Broxton is the more pure CF, he does have 6 errors combined between Colorado Springs and Milwaukee. That's hardly gold glove defense.

Might be time to switch out Broxton and Flores for Wren and Reed.

Both Reed and Wren have OPS over .800 against LHP. While Broxton is the more pure CF, he does have 6 errors combined between Colorado Springs and Milwaukee. That's hardly gold glove defense.

Might be time to switch out Broxton and Flores for Wren and Reed.

Reed's also rebounding from an early-season slump (he still walked a lot while "slumping").

• 1 month later...

They mentioned on the broadcast that they had Broxton make an adjustment and lower his hands a bit. I saw that a few games ago - looks a bit goofy - but remembered that Corey Hart made a similar adjustment I think in 2010 and his next three years were three of his best four in the majors.

Hopefully this can have similar results for Broxton.

With his 5-5 performance, he's up to .215. After his start where he was completely lost, that's actually an achievement. Maybe he's figuring some things out and will raise the average more.

Flores is a disappointment but I guess Sardinas is under .200 anyway so that trade was probably even.

They showed the adjustment of his hands on the broadcast a few nights ago, and how it affected his swing. All I can say with my untrained eye is that it's a big adjustment. The idea that such an adjustment, along with experience and confidence, could dramatically improve his results seems plausible to me.

They mentioned on the broadcast that they had Broxton make an adjustment and lower his hands a bit. I saw that a few games ago - looks a bit goofy - but remembered that Corey Hart made a similar adjustment I think in 2010 and his next three years were three of his best four in the majors.

Hopefully this can have similar results for Broxton.

Tyler Naquin and Jake lamb made a similar adjustment this year as well, and it definitely worked for those guys

Archived