Brewer Fanatic

Jim Callis interview-fox valley?

Did anyone happen to hear the interview with Jim Callis of BA on 107.5 FM on Tues or Wed morning? I forget which one, he's usually very good. The gentleman on that show appear to be pretty in tune with the Crew, so it might have been a good listen.

Thanks

I heard it, sorry I didn't respond sooner. As for the draft, he had the Brewers taking Joba Chamberlain, but said theres many directions that they could go. He didn't go into the draft much, because one of the hosts on the show ( Harry Sidney)was a fill in with little baseball knowledge and he steered the conversation to the major league level. He was asked about Jim Leylands effect on the Tigers, and he said it was minimal. He explained that the Tigers are better because they have more talent. He said Verlander was the only pitcher he ever saw throw 99 in the 1st and 9th innings. He talked at length at how bad the Royals are. He was very negative about Owner David Glass. He said the Royals won't even be able to rebuild through there farm system because after their few stud prospects, their system was the worst in baseball. In all, he didn't tell us much we didn't already know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I missed the show that morning. Host was either Chuck Freeman or the rookie. Freeman seems to be more rounded on the sports scene. Sydney is on there for Packer news.

I could live with us taking Joba.

Archived