Brewer Fanatic

Brewer All-Star Candidates

Jenkins5

I'm voting my little fingers off.

Also, tweet #VoteBraun

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i understand the need for fan voting but it's getting kind of ridiculous. Looking at what happened with KC, I believe last year, and now with Chicago and Boston this year. You're telling me the Cubs have the best player at 5 of the 8 non pitching positions, including Addison Russell and his .242 batting average? Come on. And Boston with 4 of 9? If the all star game is going to continue to decide home field advantage in the World Series, which is a huge deal, here needs to be a way to get the best 9 players on the field the start the all star game.

Rock had a good point, between the thumb and the back four days off would do him well. Not like he would be playing nine innings, but still he could focus on rest/rehab instead of the All Star circus.

Rock had a good point, between the thumb and the back four days off would do him well. Not like he would be playing nine innings, but still he could focus on rest/rehab instead of the All Star circus.

For what? It's not like we have a 2nd half pennant chase to worry about. If we're showcasing him for a trade I think the ASG would be a good platform.

i understand the need for fan voting but it's getting kind of ridiculous. Looking at what happened with KC, I believe last year, and now with Chicago and Boston this year. You're telling me the Cubs have the best player at 5 of the 8 non pitching positions, including Addison Russell and his .242 batting average? Come on. And Boston with 4 of 9? If the all star game is going to continue to decide home field advantage in the World Series, which is a huge deal, here needs to be a way to get the best 9 players on the field the start the all star game.

I kind of hope the NL loses because of bad Cub performances, the Cubs make the World Series, and lose in the 9th inning of Game 7 in a clutch situation in front of a roaring hostile crowd. That would be fantastic.

I kind of hope the NL loses because of bad Cub performances, the Cubs make the World Series, and lose in the 9th inning of Game 7 in a clutch situation in front of a roaring hostile crowd. That would be fantastic.

I'd rather have it be in front of their hometown fans. Let it burn even more.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Does Braun deserve to be in the All Star game? Probably. Is it in his and the team's best interest for him to be there? No.

Probably? lol come on.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer fans will do their part. It may come down to the rest of the country. Are they going to vote for the most deserving, or anybody but Braun simply out of spite?

He isn't universally loved, that's for sure and this is going to hurt him unless we Brewer fans vote like crazy the next few days.

If you play for a team with a huge fan base and your team is winning you're gonna get votes you usually wouldn't any other year.

I wonder if the league should go back to only at the stadium voting. Today fans like me with multiple e-mail addresses can sit at home and stuff the ballot box for their team's players even tho there are more deserving candidates on other teams.

I'd rather have it be in front of their hometown fans. Let it burn even more.

I'm you guys here! :laughing

I just got done voting for Braun (and Evan Longoria) but I just got tired of voting!! There doesn't seem to be a limit so if somebody can sit all day long and vote repeatedly for hours he/she can really stuff the ballot box. I haven't done this in a while. Wasn't there a limit to 25 per e-mail account before?

For what? It's not like we have a 2nd half pennant chase to worry about. If we're showcasing him for a trade I think the ASG would be a good platform.

If he has to sit for a few games in mid-late July (or August if he passes through waivers) to rest his back that will hurt his trade value much more than the ASG will help him.

Im no fan of Braun the man these days, but Braun the player should have been in, and it isn't all that close.

PEDS are still very much a part of the game and maybe the fans, players, and coaches still see him as a PED guy??? I have no idea, just guessing why he wasnt selected.

Im no fan of Braun the man these days, but Braun the player should have been in, and it isn't all that close.

PEDS are still very much a part of the game and maybe the fans, players, and coaches still see him as a PED guy??? I have no idea, just guessing why he wasnt selected.

That's pretty much it. He did the crime, did the time, and I wish folks could just move on. He's still a great player and there's no reason he shouldn't be in this year.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

There was an article I read on twitter (and I apologize that I can't find the link or remember exactly who wrote it), but it was a major columnist listing off his all star selections.

He didn't select Braun - and he specifically said something about PED's, which I think is garbage. The man got his punishment. Like him as a human or not, that shouldn't come into play when selected an all star team. Numbers wise, he's clearly an all star this year and it isn't close, but the PED thing is still (and likely will always be) a major issue with Braun.

Well Brewers fans really got out there for Braun as he finished 5th of five on the final vote.

Saunders goes for the AL and Belt for the NL.

He made it last year along with several other PED users and David Ortiz will be the face of the ASG this year.

This year probably had more to do with Cinncy and Philly needing a representative more than anything else and their best guys are OFs.

Well Brewers fans really got out there for Braun as he finished 5th of five on the final vote.

Saunders goes for the AL and Belt for the NL.

'

It says on the MLB site that voting goes through 4PM EST on Friday????????

There was an article I read on twitter (and I apologize that I can't find the link or remember exactly who wrote it), but it was a major columnist listing off his all star selections.

He didn't select Braun - and he specifically said something about PED's, which I think is garbage. The man got his punishment. Like him as a human or not, that shouldn't come into play when selected an all star team. Numbers wise, he's clearly an all star this year and it isn't close, but the PED thing is still (and likely will always be) a major issue with Braun.

Had Braun simply accepted his initial punishment or did the typical bogus statement saying that he didn't know why he failed his drug test vs throwing the guy under the bus who collected his urine sample, i doubt that he'd still be held in such contempt.

It was that terrible decision to try accusing the urine collector of framing Braun that has lead to him being more hated than the other guys also busted for PED's. He'll never recover from going down that road.

He didn't accuse him of framing him, he accused him of doing his job badly/incompetently. Which was 100% true.

That said, he should have been more humble after winning that case. Just say he didn't know what happened and his team was able to prove it was a false positive, then move on.

Archived