Brewer Fanatic

Brewer All-Star Candidates

Jenkins5
Braun should be in, not sure about the others...but I'd much rather see this team close the gap on that 4.5 game deficit from the wild card slots than see a couple more of ours in the all star game. It's not that ridiculous either with all the reinforcements coming off the DL's here...Garza (if competent) and Smith will be a huge boost.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

There's an article on the front page of MLB.com about the difficult question of whether Yadier Molina is the best catcher in the National League.

I really can't even be bothered with the All-Star nonsense any more.

I don't want to see Braun in the game. We're being so careful with his health, I'd hate to see him waste a game that doesn't involve the Brewers.

Meh, I think he can play three innings (maybe) or pinch hit in a game where he has 4-5 days off. It's good to have him out there for lots of reasons.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The problem with all star voting is plain and simple. electronic balloting. If they want to restore the balance and potentially the "magic" they need to go back to paper balloting at the game only. Those were the days! Too easy now to put in 100 ballots a day from your computer.

• 4 weeks later...
One could make an argument to leave Braun off the roster...but it would be a pretty weak one. People need to remember there are always a ton of great outfielders around the league. Some of which play CF that in some eyes will give them a boost. For instance a 2WAR center fielder is probably better to have than a 2.5WAR LFer.

Yeah it's a complete joke if both aren't on that team. They both are more deserving than their peers.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

At least in MLB every team has at least one participant in their All Star game, even if that player is a backup and hardly sees the field. This isn't the case in other sports like the NFL, for example.

If your team sucks and all you players are the suck you shouldn't get an All Star.

It's probably pretty rare that a team doesn't have at least one player deserving.

If your team sucks and all you players are the suck you shouldn't get an All Star.

It's probably pretty rare that a team doesn't have at least one player deserving.

I'd have to go back and look at rosters but some pretty crappy players have made the team from Kansas City and Pittsburgh in the last 10 years or so.

Braun snubbed. What a joke. 4th in the NL in hitting, top ten in OPS, and he was fifth in the outfield vote.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm so sick of people fluffing Carlos Gonzalez. He's absolutely awful away from Coors Field.

at home: .365 AVG, 13 HR, 37 RBI, .405/.723/1.128

everywhere else: .274 AVG, 5 HR, 14 RBI, .331/.415/.748

Yeah, that screams All Star.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I've got no problem with Gonzalez making it. Those road splits aren't terrible and although he clearly benefits from Coors, it's not unusual for a player to have better home splits. A .927 OPS and 18 HR still seems deserving.

Braun is another issue and I agree he's a snub. Still have a chance to get him in in the final vote.

Archived