Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Monday 5/30

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Monday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Colorado Springs: RHP Jorge Lopez at Fresno (Astros), 12:30 PM pre-game, 1:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Dan Karcher, the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox is on Twitter @SkySoxKarch; joining him this season is Dan Acheson (@Dan_Acheson)

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Colorado Springs games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $49.99 season-long package ($12.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. The video of each game is archived online, which is a nice feature. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

NOTE: Notice that on MiLB.TV's page, you can click on "Filter", then "Milwaukee Brewers", and you'll see just the Crew's organizational TV lineup.

Biloxi: Idle

Brevard County: Idle

Wisconsin: LHP Jake Drossner at Cedar Rapids (Twins), 1:45 PM pre-game, 2:05 gametime; expect RHP David Lucroy to pitch in a tandem role

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the 16 Midwest League teams telecast their home games, and Wisconsin, once again, is among them. We'll let you know when a road TV feed is available.

NOTE: Thirty-nine (!) of the Rattlers' 70 home games will be broadcast on local TV this season. Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (10) and WACY-TV My NEW32 (29) will split duties. We'll let you know when and who, and remember to refer to the Rattlers' full TV schedule (scroll to bottom of link) so you can coordinate your DVR activity.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Look for these just prior to the respective game times --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Linked on the Sky Sox official blog

Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Weather.com:

Fresno, CA

Cedar Rapids, IA

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Nathan Orf returns to Biloxi from Triple-A Colorado Springs

Orf hit .333 with seven doubles, two triples and 11 RBI for the SkySox

Biloxi Shuckers

Orf's transfer based on need at Biloxi, not on his performance...

Just an undeniable talent gap at the high-A level, not just refelected in the Manatees' 16-34 record, in that youngster Jose Cuas isn't a bump-up candidate, and part-time third baseman Taylor Brennan has a .538 OPS.

Biloxi right in the mix for a first-half title (one game out), and thus the move to bring "down" Orf.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Thinking we can pretty much give Gatewood a pass on his third base play in 2016, still brand new for him, and this is only his age 20 season. Of course we should look for incremental improvements in future seasons.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

AUDIO via the Shuckers (thanks!) -- Will Smith talks rehab to reporters

AUDIO via the Shuckers: Brewers Farm Director Tom Flanagan

Chris Harris:

"Over the weekend, I had a chance to chat with Brewers Farm Director Tom Flanagan and get an update on the Brewers minors. He gives his thoughts on Josh Hader’s timeline, Brett Phillips and much more."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Colorado Springs 6, Fresno 6, ten innings, tie (yes, tie)

Sky Sox And Fresno End In Rare Tie 6-6

Michael Reed hits grand slam in Sky Sox final game on road trip

By Aaron Cheris / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Colorado Springs Box Score

Three hits apiece, including a double each, for catcher Manny Pina and (again at first base) Garin Cecchini, just an incredible 128 AB's for Pina thus far

Colorado Springs Game Log

Jorge Lopez' outing was hardly scintillating, but at least his first inning Houdini act was --

Fresno Bottom of the 1st

Andrew Aplin triples (2) on a line drive to right fielder Eric Young Jr.

Danny Worth called out on strikes.

A. J. Reed called out on strikes.

Jon Singleton grounds out, second baseman Yadiel Rivera to first baseman Garin Cecchini.

I took my eight year old son to the Rattlers game. Hopefully he didn't pick up any bad defensive habits that I'll have to correct in practice this week. There were half a dozen plays where I was left scratching my head. I was hoping to see Trent Clark and Isan Diaz play, but left disappointed. At this point, Gatewood can barely get the ball from third to first when they are throwing it around between innings.

Drossner was sitting at 90 on the stadium gun. He only had a couple of hard hit balls against him. Harber touched 93, he victimized himself with a poor throw to second on a double play ball. Harrison sat on a 3-2 fastball from Cedoroth and put it over the wall in left to keep them in the game, before the defense unraveled again in the bottom of the ninth. Allemond was locked in for most of the game.

I wasn't impressed with the product on defense, but it is probably typical for this level.

Déjà vu for the Rattlers in a 3-2 loss at Cedar Rapids

Wisconsin rallies to tie in the ninth, but loses in the bottom of the ninth

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Wisconsin Boxscore

Jake Drossner pitched one of his better games but it didn't hold up.

Blake Allemand (2-3,2 2B) had the only multi hit game and pushed his AVE to .303

Wisconsin Recap

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Thinking we can pretty much give Gatewood a pass on his third base play in 2016, still brand new for him, and this is only his age 20 season. Of course we should look for incremental improvements in future seasons.

He can improve, but I'm not giving him a pass. Yes, the angle is different but you are still throwing a baseball from point A to point B. It should not be an adventure every throw. A few errors here and there fielding is to be expected, but he's been awful fielding and throwing.

Archived