Brewer Fanatic

2016-05-29 Reds (Finnegan) at Brewers (Nelson), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 29 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (16-33) | Brewers (22-27)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/reds_finnegan-brandon-03.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_nelson-jimmy-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Brandon Finnegan[/pitcher][h2]1-3, 3.97 ERA, 1.36 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Finnegan turned in the best start of his career Monday at Dodger Stadium, throwing a complete game with just one earned run. Manager Bryan Price attributed the success to fastball command on the outside part of the zone.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]4-3, 2.92 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]The righty has allowed two or fewer earned runs in eight of ten starts, but he is 0-1 with two no decisions over his past three starts. He is 1-2 with a 6.62 ERA in his career vs. the Reds.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Billy Hamilton (S)
  2. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  3. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  4. RF Jay Bruce (L)
  5. 3B Adam Duvall ®
  6. LF Tyler Holt ®
  7. SS Iván DeJesús Jr. ®
  8. C Tucker Barnhart (S)
  9. LHP Brandon Finnegan (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. 2B Aaron Hill ®
  6. RF Ramón Flores (L)
  7. CF Keon Broxton ®
  8. LF Alex Presley (L)
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewers lineup today (no Ryan Braun):

1. Jonathan Villar, SS (S)

2. Hernan Perez, 3B ®

3. Jonathan Lucroy, C ®

4. Chris Carter, 1B ®

5. Aaron Hill, 2B ®

6. Ramon Flores, RF (L)

7. Keon Broxton, CF ®

8. Alex Presley, LF (L)

9. Jimmy Nelson, RHP ®

Today's Reds lineup:

B Hamilton CF

J Votto 1B

B Phillips 2B

J Bruce RF

A Duvall 3B

T Holt LF

I Jesus SS

T Barnhart C

B Finnegan P

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

You really have to pray for a suitor for Braun in a trade this year. Sore thumb, sore wrist, sore back, sore neck, it's always something nowadays.

Getting 140 games out of him is wishful thinking at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty much, i think braun will be here for a long time...

Maybe a salary for salary + prospect trade could work..

Braun for Prince Fielder + a prospect or Braun for Sandavol + prospect

He needs to show he can stay healthy at least for a few months

Ha I remember when everyone was wanting to dump Aaron Hill. His stats now make him a solid option around the league as a 3B and at 2B he is borderline Top 10. Might be if he was playing as a 2B vs. 3B.

I knew he would turn it around, but dang even with that awful start his stats are impressive.

We got a potential all star for cy sneed.. amazing trade...

He just keeps doing better. Was expecting him to come back down to earth a little and it seems he just keep raising the bar for himself.

pretty much, i think braun will be here for a long time...

Maybe a salary for salary + prospect trade could work..

Braun for Prince Fielder + a prospect or Braun for Sandavol + prospect

He needs to show he can stay healthy at least for a few months

Sandoval? Sandoval? Pablo Sandoval? Oh my God nooooooooooo!

It would have to be a really REALLY good prospect to take Prince back, he has fallen off a cliff. As much as I loved him, it looks like the way he has treated his body all these years may have started to take it's toll.

Sandoval? NO!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Ha I remember when everyone was wanting to dump Aaron Hill. His stats now make him a solid option around the league as a 3B and at 2B he is borderline Top 10. Might be if he was playing as a 2B vs. 3B.

I knew he would turn it around, but dang even with that awful start his stats are impressive.

I still want to dump him...

Let's see where his stats are in 30 days... He is hot, very true, but there is no way he does this all season long.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I hope this team is in the Wild Card mix toward mid July and trades away a prospect for a MLB player now. Just to see this forum lose their minds.

257ba62dda650f3658a19e5ea38a121a.jpg

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hope this team is in the Wild Card mix toward mid July and trades away a prospect for a MLB player now. Just to see this forum lose their minds.

I hope they trade Braun for a bag of balls just to watch you lose your mind ;)

I hope they trade Braun for a bag of balls just to watch you lose your mind ;)

Lol naw, I'm actually on board with them trading him. I get the economics behind it. I'm on board with a rebuild also but I just can't stand the I hope we lose comments. I also think it's lousy because of the financial situation Milwaukee is in because of the way the MLB continues to operate.

Milwaukee should have back to back sweeps but heck, they are playing some good baseball as of late. I hope they can win another series against the Cards starting tomorrow!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't get the tanking thing in the MLB, I get it for the NFL and NBA but there just isn't a unanimous top players in most mlb drafts.. Id rather have players do well and get the most trade value

I don't get the tanking thing in the MLB, I get it for the NFL and NBA but there just isn't a unanimous top players in most mlb drafts.. Id rather have players do well and get the most trade value

Spot on. Use all the resources and our rebuild will go faster and be more sustainable.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Good thing the Brewers aren't tanking then. :)

I want the extra bonus pool money. That's something that always seems to be ignored by people who "don't want to tank."

Archived