Brewer Fanatic

Capuano to DL; Goforth recalled

1992casey

Given there are a couple guys on the 60 day DL that are closer to returning than not and his pretty pedestrian results one has to wonder if he hasn't pitched his last pitch in the majors.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Hasn't Cappy been throwing pretty well? For a long man, he's been coming in, limiting the damage, and racking up the K's. I thought he had a couple bad outings early that skewed things, but then our entire team was bad early on

In 16 games:

• 24 innings is good.
  • 27 strikeouts is good.
  • 15 walks is too many.
  • 7 home runs is bad.

I think he's been more useful than harmful, but I'm not doing cartwheels or anything.

Here's his game log:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/5469/year/2016/chris-capuano

You be the judge. :)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

He's got a WHIP of 1.583 and a FIP of 6.63, and he turns 38 in August. He's been marginally serviceable but he himself knows he's on borrowed time anywhere he goes.. I'm sure he'll try and hook on somewhere if released assuming he's healthy. Either way he's eminently expendable.

We aren't looking for a marginally better pitcher for a playoff run and he hasn't created any trade market for himself. I think any number of guys on the 40 man can do what he does. His days were probably over when one of the guys on the 60 day DL was ready to go anyway. In a "your body gave out" vs "you just aren't very good anymore," sort of way this might be the most graceful way to end it.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Has a player ever retired mid season and stuck on with the team as a coach?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pete Rose was named manager in August, but he continued to play. Joe Torre became manager of the Mets in May but retired as a player 18 days later.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived