Brewer Fanatic

Aaron Hill and KC's 3B situation

Maybe we can get another teenager or two with some upside.

Would be easy enough to move Villar to third and Rivera to short. From KC's side, depending on who they have on the farm, I would think Aaron Hill would fit it pretty nice there as long as DS isn't asking a ton for him.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

How about Brett Eibner? Aren't Brewers auditioning OF this year? Why not another older minor leaguer who's never had a shot? Brewers aren't getting much out of their OF other than from Braun and this guy looks like he's found something the last couple years. Send KC back either Presley, Nieuwenhuis, or Flores along with Hill.

How about Brett Eibner? Aren't Brewers auditioning OF this year? Why not another older minor leaguer who's never had a shot? Brewers aren't getting much out of their OF other than from Braun and this guy looks like he's found something the last couple years. Send KC back either Presley, Nieuwenhuis, or Flores along with Hill.

Funny you mention Eibner. He just got called up. Anyone for Hill would be solid, but I'd prefer a younger piece.

From KC's side, depending on who they have on the farm, I would think Aaron Hill would fit it pretty nice there as long as DS isn't asking a ton for him.

I assume the $8M and change left on Hill's contract would be more than the Royals would do, especially if they want to keep some flexibility for later. So the Brewers would have to and could eat a chunk, $5Mish?, and hopefully improve the prospect that much more.

The Diamondbacks are paying $6.5 million of Hill's $12 million salary. That leaves $5.5 million for the Brewers and a potential trading partner to play around with.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Not my money, but I would assume the Brewers will eat the cash in order to get a better prospect for Hill. They have to be netting tens of millions in profits this season, so the good prospect plus the write-off is more important than getting salary relief. For the opposing side, getting Hill and not having to pay him could be worth a decent prospect.

If this is the case, paying $5.5M will effectively bought Isan Diaz and whatever prospect they get for Hill. Since he's playing okay, that could be a decent return.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I just don't see a fit. The Royals have Dozier in AAA who is starting to play rather well this year compared to last year. All the Royals have to do is wait another 3-4 weeks and they have their 3B for the rest of the year.

Hill makes zero sense for them unless the Brewers picked up nearly all of Hill's remaining salary and only picked up international signing bonus money from the Royals. I don't see the Royals giving up any type of significant player for Hill when they have Dozier who will more than likely put up the same numbers as Hill and it won't cost them anything.

If this is the case, paying $5.5M will effectively bought Isan Diaz and whatever prospect they get for Hill. Since he's playing okay, that could be a decent return.

Unless he's gone on a hot streak since I last checked, Diaz has been pretty disappointing this year. Not giving up on him of course.

The Royals will just go with 23 year old Chelsor Cuthbert, who had an OPS over 1000 at AAA. I wish there was a match here, but there isn't. I was hoping we'd be able to get Cuthbert, but now that's out the window.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I just don't see a fit. The Royals have Dozier in AAA who is starting to play rather well this year compared to last year. All the Royals have to do is wait another 3-4 weeks and they have their 3B for the rest of the year.

Hill makes zero sense for them unless the Brewers picked up nearly all of Hill's remaining salary and only picked up international signing bonus money from the Royals. I don't see the Royals giving up any type of significant player for Hill when they have Dozier who will more than likely put up the same numbers as Hill and it won't cost them anything.

He'd make sense still since KC has Infante at 2B and he's pathetic

Unless he's gone on a hot streak since I last checked, Diaz has been pretty disappointing this year. Not giving up on him of course.

Slow start, but he just turned 20 last week, and it's his first time above Rookie League. No one knows what the future holds, but we need to stockpile high-upside guys like him if we want the farm to continually feed talent to the majors.

Hill has looked okay so far this year, and should be perceived to be a big enough upgrade to some team that we can get another decent prospect if we pick up Hill's salary. I'd be pretty happy if Hill was the "salary dump" guy we were forced to take from Arizona, and he ends up netting us another prospect.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Royals DFA Infante.

Would Hill + some cash be able to get one of Foster Griffin or Scott Blewett? Neither are doing well, but both are still only 20 years old.

Too much. Both those players have high ceilings. Probably would have to get a more unknown prospect in return. Hill just isn't doing well enough to warrant that type of return.

Archived