Brewer Fanatic

BP Milwaukee article on "The Rebuild"

a 5+ year rebuild plan makes the most sense.

If that's the plan, then we should fire-sale everyone on the MLB roster, as none of them will be around, and guys in the upper minors (like Arcia) will be into their arby years and close to being traded away.

Depending on how the cards fall, that may be when we are actually looking like a playoff team, but I don't think we should plan for it. That strategy would be better served for a team with no talent in the upper minors, and a MLB team stacked with bad contracts and untradeable players. We have too much talent in the system right now, along with loads of payroll flexibility, to plan for a 5+ year rebuild.

While our competition is a factor, we shouldn't focus on building our franchise based on what we believe others will do. Stearns just needs to do what he thinks is best to build the Brewer franchise the way he wants to build it, and let the other guys do what they're going to do.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cubs aren't going away but it won't surprise me if the Pirates window closes over te next 2 years. They don't have much in the minors and that rotation is not lasting much longer.

The Cubs aren't going away but it won't surprise me if the Pirates window closes over te next 2 years. They don't have much in the minors and that rotation is not lasting much longer.

Huh? I don't think you're familiar with the Pirates at all. MLB Pipeline and Keith Law have the Pirates system ranked 8th. The Brewers are 9th and 5th respectively in the same rankings. I believe BA has the Brewers 7th and the Pirates 11th.

They have two pitching prospects that are far better than any we have. They could add a third really good pitching prospect depending how well Kingham comes back from TJ surgery.

Even if they can't sign McCutchen to another contract, they still have two outfielders signed long term with another really good outfield prospect on the way plus whatever they get if they decide to trade him. Same with Gerrit Cole.

Huh? I don't think you're familiar with the Pirates at all. MLB Pipeline and Keith Law have the Pirates system ranked 8th. The Brewers are 9th and 5th respectively in the same rankings. I believe BA has the Brewers 7th and the Pirates 11th.

They have two pitching prospects that are far better than any we have. They could add a third really good pitching prospect depending how well Kingham comes back from TJ surgery.

Even if they can't sign McCutchen to another contract, they still have two outfielders signed long term with another really good outfield prospect on the way plus whatever they get if they decide to trade him. Same with Gerrit Cole.

Yeah, Taillon will probably replace Locke soon, with Glasnow waiting in the wings, and that will make for an outstanding rotation. They have Cole through the 2019 season (hits arby next year). He's represented by Boras, otherwise I would think extending him to get a couple of should be a priority for them. He, Taillon, and Glasnow at the top of the rotation could dominate.

They seem to be utilizing the playbook Friedman used while he was with Tampa, so I expect them to always have a decent farm with a young, talented MLB roster.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived