Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Sunday 5/22

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Sunday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Colorado Springs: RHP Tyler Cravy at home vs. Las Vegas (Mets), 2:00 PM pre-game, 2:35 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Dan Karcher, the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox is on Twitter @SkySoxKarch; joining him this season is Dan Acheson (@Dan_Acheson)

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Colorado Springs games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $49.99 season-long package ($12.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. The video of each game is archived online, which is a nice feature. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

NOTE: Notice that on MiLB.TV's page, you can click on "Filter", then "Milwaukee Brewers", and you'll see just the Crew's organizational TV lineup.

Biloxi: LHP Josh Hader and RHP Jorge Ortega in a doubleheader at Tennessee (Cubs), 12:45 PM pre-game, 1:05 gametime; each contest slated for seven innings

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Harris is the play-by-play voice of the Shuckers. Follow Chris on Twitter @CHarris731. We'll be linking to his fantastic "Shuck Dynasty" blog. Thaddeus Krzus (@Shucks1stIntern) joins Chris often. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be radio broadcast.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the ten Southern League teams telecast their home games, and Biloxi is among them.

Brevard County: TBD at Jupiter (Marlins), 12:05 PM gametime

Free Live Audio Link (Jupiter feed)

Unfortunately, the Manatees have dropped their broadcast coverage for 2016.

No Florida State League games are available via MiLB.TV. Ten of the 12 Florida State League teams provide audio (some only for home games), we'll do our best to let you know when an opponent's audio is going to be available.

Wisconsin: RHP David Burkhalter at home vs. Kane County (Diamondbacks), 12:45 PM pre-game, 1:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the 16 Midwest League teams telecast their home games, and Wisconsin, once again, is among them. We'll let you know when a road TV feed is available.

NOTE: Thirty-nine (!) of the Rattlers' 70 home games will be broadcast on local TV this season. Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (10) and WACY-TV My NEW32 (29) will split duties. We'll let you know when and who, and remember to refer to the Rattlers' full TV schedule (scroll to bottom of link) so you can coordinate your DVR activity.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Look for these just prior to the respective game times --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Linked on the Sky Sox official blog

Biloxi Media Notes - Linked on the Shuck Dynasty blog

Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Weather.com:

Colorado Springs, CO

Kodak, TN

Jupiter, FL

Grand Chute, WI

Awful start for Medeiros. Why is Jose Cuas being run out at 3B every day? Striking out 38% of the time with a .198 SLG and .420 OPS. I don't want to oversell Taylor Brennan but he is certainly better than that. Cuas should probably go down a level.

Kodi Medeiros couldn't get through 2 innings. Gave up 8 runs. Some unearned but easily could have been the way he was getting bashed.

If Taylor Brennan had less holes in his swing he'd be one of my favorite prospects, though I guess you can say that for a ton of players who can do everything but hit for AVE. He's the type of guy who I latch onto and silently root for.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Kodi needs to go back down, call up Burkhalter or one of the other arms. Even at Wisconsin he'd be one of youngest players still in league at 19. He has stuff he needs to figure out badly, it's not working in BC. Build him back up.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

At least Hader had a few walks today....Overall, 39 AA games and he is dominant. I understand wanting him to start to get deeper in games and that is probably the biggest need for him to stay but still think sooner than later we needs to get the bump.

Another bomb for Gatewood.....#7

GATEWOOD! To center and deep! Gone for @Jake_Gatewood2! His 7th #TRatTater is a 2-run shot and the Rattlers lead 3-1! #TRatNation

Gatewood also made 2 errors today.

He's 20, learning new position, and in A ball. I won't be concerned with the errors until he gets up to AA/AAA, has few years over there, and needs to be performing. He was a very solid SS if ever actually watched him play. He was just big and not as quick & rangy as others. I'm sure he will be fine. Walks & Ks are the two things I worry most about with him.

Community Moderator

Final: Jupiter 13, Brevard County 3

Jupiter hammers Brevard County in Sunday matinée

By Donald Rieber, Jr., Manatees Examiner

Brevard County Box Score

A combination of hits (including a home run), errors, a balk, a hit batter, and even a wild pitch on a third strike... the linked article covers Kodi Medeiros' nightmare outing spanning only 1.2 innings.

Dustin DeMuth's 3-run home run was his second HR of the season and moves DeMuth into a tie with Clint Coulter for the team lead. DeMuth also holds the team lead in doubles (9), RBI (17) and strikeouts (49).

Brevard County Game Log

Heading into the 6th inning on Sunday the Manatees offense had scored just one run over their previous 42 innings, and had gone completely scoreless over 23 straight innings. Let's just call this inning overdue...

Brevard County Top of the 6th

Pitching Change: Tim Berry replaces James Buckelew.

Brandon Diaz singles on a line drive to left fielder Taylor Ard.

Johnny Davis singles on a soft ground ball to shortstop Justin Bohn. Brandon Diaz to 2nd.

Angel Ortega strikes out swinging.

Dustin DeMuth homers (2) on a line drive to center field. Brandon Diaz scores. Johnny Davis scores.

Fidel Pena walks.

Dustin Houle flies out to right fielder John Norwood.

Taylor Brennan called out on strikes.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

AUDIO: Pre-game interview with Mets' prospect Gavin Cecchini (Garin's brother)

Good interview, Gavin's "Yeah, man" responses are awesome in a very good way...

Final: Las Vegas 6, Colorado Springs 4

Sky Sox Suffer 6-4 Loss To 51s

Michael Reed's first home run of the season not enough for Sky Sox

By Aaron Cheris / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/8/2/2/179662822/cuts/08_02_068_pk_n2d1054p_u14ql989.jpg

Michael Reed hit his first home run of the season in Sunday's loss. (Paat Kelly photo)

"Six Sky Sox players finished with multi-hit games."

Brief VIDEO via KRDO: Includes a Jake Elmore RBI base knock

Story, Arcia give our state two exceptional young shortstops

Brent Briggeman, Colorado Springs Gazette

Colorado Springs Box Score

Elmore now 10 for 12 in SB attempts; Michael Reed a triple shy of a cycle, the two extra-base hits jumped his total to six on the season, slugging only .333; ho-hum, Orlando Arcia on base three more times, as was Josmil Pinto; can the Will Middlebrooks experiment end? Golden sombrero here, 0-for-5, line now .190/.206/.324 (in the PCL, no less), and still taking innings and playing time from Garin Cecchini at third base.

Colorado Springs Game Log

Aviles Hits Late Homer; Leads Rattlers Past Kane County

88Wisconsin wins 7-6 for second straight victory

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/9/3/6/179631936/cuts/5_22_PlayerOftheGame_LuisAviles_5ikybcmi_36c02ixp.jpg

Luis Aviles went 3-for-5 with a homer, two runs scored, and three RBI for the Rattlers on Sunday. (Wisconsin Timber Rattlers/Ann Mollica)

Wisconsin Boxscore

David Burkhalter pitched pretty well but as the game story laid out the defense behind him was awful.

I'm not sure what else i can say about Luis Aviles, he's a competent defender every he's played, and I believe that's every position but pitcher and catcher so far this year. David Denson's (2-3,2B,BB) day pushed his AVE to .308 and Carlos Belonis (2-4) was productive today as well.

Wisconsin Recap

Postgame Post – May 22, 2016

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Shuckers sweep doubleheader from Smokies

Biloxi extends first place lead to 1.5 games after sweep on Sunday

Biloxi Shuckers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/2/0/8/179674208/cuts/27054992261_ff1081fe70_o_rx5x2hfo_rm75g4sz.jpg

Garrett Cooper drives in five runs in Sunday's doubleheader sweep at Tennessee (Jason Clark)

Biloxi Game 1 Boxscore

It's very late because I fell asleep so I'm going to let the game story do all the talking here.

Biloxi Game 2 Recap

Biloxi Game 2 Boxscore

Biloxi Game 2 Recap

- Plato

- Plato

Archived