Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday 5/19 - Jungmann reaches a new low; Brandon Woodruff's AA Debut

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Colorado Springs: RHP Taylor Jungmann at home vs. Las Vegas (Mets), 7:00 PM pre-game, 7:35 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Dan Karcher, the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox is on Twitter @SkySoxKarch; joining him this season is Dan Acheson (@Dan_Acheson)

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Colorado Springs games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $49.99 season-long package ($12.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. The video of each game is archived online, which is a nice feature. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

NOTE: Notice that on MiLB.TV's page, you can click on "Filter", then "Milwaukee Brewers", and you'll see just the Crew's organizational TV lineup.

Biloxi: RHP Brandon Woodruff at Tennessee (Cubs), 5:45 PM pre-game, 6:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Harris is the play-by-play voice of the Shuckers. Follow Chris on Twitter @CHarris731. We'll be linking to his fantastic "Shuck Dynasty" blog. Thaddeus Krzus (@Shucks1stIntern) joins Chris often. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be radio broadcast.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the ten Southern League teams telecast their home games, and Biloxi is among them.

Brevard County: RHP Angel Ventura at home vs. Bradenton (Pirates), 5:35 PM gametime

Sorry, there is no audio available for this series...

Unfortunately, the Manatees have dropped their broadcast coverage for 2016.

No Florida State League games are available via MiLB.TV. Ten of the 12 Florida State League teams provide audio (some only for home games), we'll do our best to let you know when an opponent's audio is going to be available.

Wisconsin: LHP Drake Owenby at home vs. Burlington (Angels), 11:45 AM pre-game, 12:05 PM gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the 16 Midwest League teams telecast their home games, and Wisconsin, once again, is among them. We'll let you know when a road TV feed is available.

NOTE: Thirty-nine (!) of the Rattlers' 70 home games will be broadcast on local TV this season. Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (10) and WACY-TV My NEW32 (29) will split duties. We'll let you know when and who, and remember to refer to the Rattlers' full TV schedule (scroll to bottom of link) so you can coordinate your DVR activity.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Look for these just prior to the respective game times --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Linked on the Sky Sox official blog

Biloxi Media Notes - Linked on the Shuck Dynasty blog

Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Weather.com:

Colorado Springs, CO

Kodak, TN

Viera, FL

Grand Chute, WI

Is there one sliver lining in all of Brewer nation?

Mind you I'm writing this as Brewers crap away bases loaded no one out but boy it'd be nice to hear some good news. Now I'm reading that Trent Clark is doing fairly average. Who is there in this system to be excited about? Hader seems to be only Brewer dominating and even he gets qualified with "possible bullpen ceiling". Arcia I guess but haven't read of anyone dominating.

Change your mind on Trent Clark after today?

Is there one sliver lining in all of Brewer nation?

Mind you I'm writing this as Brewers crap away bases loaded no one out but boy it'd be nice to hear some good news. Now I'm reading that Trent Clark is doing fairly average. Who is there in this system to be excited about? Hader seems to be only Brewer dominating and even he gets qualified with "possible bullpen ceiling". Arcia I guess but haven't read of anyone dominating.

Change your mind on Trent Clark after today?

Hope it continues! I was in a really foul mood last night.

Wisconsin drops series finale to Bees

Rattlers take two of three in set, but lose 7-3 on Thursday

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattler

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/4/6/8/179066468/cuts/5_19_PlayerOftheGame_TrentClark_lk1z6t30_ifwatytw.jpg

Trent Clark went 2-for-5 with a triple, a double, and an RBI for the Rattlers on Thursday afternoon.

Wisconsin Boxscore

Well shame on me, I completely forgot the T-Rats were playing early this afternoon. Drake Owenby had been stellar until this start, an error didn't help, but it's hard to excuse away 2 HRs, though both solo shots.

Trent Clark's day was highlighted above, though only triple the made the highlights, boo. When he swings he hits the ball hard, in that there's no doubt. David Denson (2-4,2B) is now hitting .302 on the season, this is what I was expecting from him last year, I just need to quit picking a break out player so I don't set anyone else's career back. Alan Sharkey (2-4) is starting to hit a little bit, he's hit in 4 of his last 7 games. It would be awesome if his bat got going because he's a stellar 1B defensively.

Wisconsin Recap

Rattler Radio Postgame

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Shucker vs Smokies tonight

Not a very good night for the Shuckers.

Woodruff was wild at the first of the game. He had several visits from players to try and calm him down early on. The first two innings he worked 94-95 on his fast ball and was consistently 84-85 with his off speed stuff. Did not seem like he had a lot of movement on his off speed pitches. During the third inning and from there on out he sorta picked it up on his fastball hitting 98 twice and working 95-97. I have not seen many starters hit 98 here at Smokies Park. I think he will settle down some next time out and do much better.

Nottingham crushed the first pitch he saw and hit a high fly ball out of left. He struck out a couple of times on off speed pitches if my memory serves me correctly. He did a pretty good job behind the plate especially balls in the dirt. The pass ball he missed was a 95 mph fast ball that just went off his glove.

Taylor was on pretty good at the plate tonight with 2 solid hits and a walk. His only out was a well hit ball to left that was on the warning track.

Zastryzny was very good tonight. He hit 91 a couple of times but mainly hit 89-90 on his fastball and had really good off speed stuff going down to 77.

Community Moderator

Game Suspended (9th Inning): Brevard County 1, Bradenton 1

Late run leaves Manatees and Marauders tied in suspended game

By Donald Rieber, Jr., Manatees Examiner

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/96/ab/96abb1bb41be6698ee4cd854f7682eb6.JPG?itok=djWnaBT7

Johnny Davis went 3-for-4 on Thursday, extending his on-base streak to 25 straight games.

The tie game was suspended due to rain in the bottom of the 9th inning with one out and Jose Cuas the baserunner on 1st base.

Brevard County Box Score

Tees starter Angel Ventura went 6.1 innings allowing just two hits and one run on a solo homer to the Pirates 2015 first round pick (#19 overall) Kevin Newman. Ventura only walked one while recording five strikeouts.

Brevard County Game Log

After watching teammate Omar Garcia get called up to Biloxi, lead-off hitter Johnny Davis continued his offensive tear in Brevard County with two infield hits and a line drive hit to center. By finishing 3-for-4 at the plate Davis raised his batting average to .320 (9th best in the FSL) and on-base percentage to .406 (4th best in the FSL) for the season. Davis also threw a runner out at the plate (via the cutoff) in the 7th inning. As others have noted in previously, Davis appears a worthy candidate to get an opportunity to advance to Biloxi.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Smokies take series opener over Shuckers on Thursday night

Jacob Nottingham hit his second homer in three games in the loss

Biloxi Shuckers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/5/3/0/179134530/cuts/26372582673_52637890f6_o_99qt6opr_5so2e5xk.jpg

Chris McFarland delivered an RBI double in the seventh inning on Thursday night. (Jason Clark)

Biloxi Boxscore

Brandon Woodruff's debut did not go as planned and Jed Bradley faltered as well, it just wasn't a good day on the mound.

Tyrone Taylor has a 3 game hit streak going and pushed his AVE back to .212, so that was positive. Jacob Nottingham had a particularly rough day behind the plate with a catchers interference and a passed ball.

Biloxi Recap

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Las Vegas 7, Colorado Springs 6

Sky Sox Comeback Bid Falls Short 7-6

Sky Sox come back to tie game, but 51s score late to win series opener

By Aaron Cheris / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/3/0/0/179155300/cuts/04_21_0698_pk_sxa08a7o_9d0qj7l4.jpg

Brent Suter pitched 3.2 scoreless relief innings for the Sky Sox in Thursday's loss. (Paat Kelly photo)

Colorado Springs Box Score

This is becoming just sad -- pick a name, Daniel Bard, perhaps, although that's from a reliever perspective. Any "improvement" now would be so incremental, you can't sink lower than this, right? Right?

"In the first inning, Sky Sox starter Taylor Jungmann (1-2, 14.85) got off to a rough start. Travis Taijeron blasted a three run home run to make it 5-0 51s.Then Ty Kelly followed with a home run of his own to make it 6-0 Las Vegas before Jungmann recorded an out.

Jungmann lasted just one third of an inning, allowing six runs on four hits."

Las Vegas Top of the 1st

Dilson Herrera walks.

Brandon Nimmo walks. Dilson Herrera to 2nd.

T. J. Rivera singles on a ground ball to left fielder Eric Young Jr. Dilson Herrera scores. Brandon Nimmo to 2nd.

Johnny Monell singles on a line drive to center fielder Michael Reed. Brandon Nimmo scores. T. Rivera to 3rd.

Travis Taijeron homers (6) on a fly ball to left center field. J. Rivera scores. Johnny Monell scores.

Ty Kelly homers (2) on a fly ball to right field.

Roger Bernadina flies out to left fielder Eric Young Jr.

Niuman Romero walks.

Rafael Montero hit by pitch. Niuman Romero to 2nd.

Pitching Change: Brent Suter replaces Taylor Jungmann, batting 9th.

Dilson Herrera strikes out swinging.

Brandon Nimmo grounds into a force out, fielded by shortstop Orlando Arcia. Rafael Montero out at 2nd.

Colorado Springs Game Log

Nice to see Yadiel Rivera on base four times and Michael Reed with no concussion after-effects; kudos to everyone who nearly picked up Mr. Jungmann's mess...

He (Jungmann) has been really bad for a long time now.

Don't think he will ever be a quality major league starter.

21 Starts, 119IP, 3.77 ERA, 9-8 W-L, 1.5 WAR

Do people remember that Jungmann pitched pretty decent in the bigs last year?

Maybe it was an illusion and he will never come close to that again but you have to admit for a fleeting few months he looked like a solid ML Starter.

With the way the tires have come off for him this year I would expect to hear about a shoulder or elbow issue soon.

Archived