Brewer Fanatic

Chicago Trip

wildcat83

Each year I take a group of my high school students on a trip to Chicago for 3 days.

We looked into touring one of the ballparks as a group (We had 12 students and 2 chaperones). The cubs charge $25 for a tour and you can order tickets from their website. That was a little steep for some as not everyone was interested in MLB. I couldn't find anything listed on the White Sox site, so I called their general 1-800 number and asked about tours. We were able to set up a tour for the group, and all they asked is that we made a $5 donation to their charities per person. That I could sell even to those who weren't baseball fans. Our tour guide was a lady who worked in the organization, not a person specifically trained to give tours. That was actually really nice. Instead of the scripted stories and explanations, she took the "what do you want to see, and what do you want to know" approach. She had a great personality, asked as many questions about our kids as we asked of her, took us anywhere we wanted to go. Our kids really enjoyed it. We got to go through the press boxes, suites, owners suites, announcers booth, dugouts, field, and even the miniature replicas that are still there that they used to pitch the approval of the new field. Those included a replica of the old Comiskey Park, which was much more "square" than I ever remembered it.

I don't know if you could do it as individuals, but if you can get to the area with a small group, give them a call and see if you can get it set up. It was totally worth the $5 charge. Probably not as in depth or historical as the Wrigley tours, but you can't beat the price.

The owner's suite had some really unique items framed and hanging up. I'll post a few pictures I took to share.

Archived