Brewer Fanatic

Wily Peralta: to the pen, to the minors, or something else?

Bombers
How can we put a guy humming 95mph on the DL with arm fatigue? Not saying I'm against it but it just doesn't seem like a legit reason.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't it established earlier that optioning Peralta to the minors isn't viable because he'd first have to pass through waivers?

He'd have to go through optional assignment waivers. But those waivers are revocable. I don't think there'd be much motivation for anyone to make a claim.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Josh Hader is not being brought up. All you guys are doing is beating a dead horse. No...no...no. There is no legitimate reason to outweigh keeping him in the minors. I would be shocked to see him called up. Doesn't seems very Stearns like.

And upsetting Hader and his agent is a bunch of Bologna. Every agent knows how the process works as does every player. It has been this way for years. It would effect NOTHING in the future. What is he going to walk away for $10mil less because years ago we held him back a year? No I think not. You offer him the most money or what he wants and we can have him as long as we dream.

Does 4 games out of the wild card and being a competent pitching staff away from being decent justify holding him down? I know how the system operates, but it just plain irritates me when teams (like the TWINS) deliberately hold guys down to prevent the clock from starting. Play the kid if he's ready to go.

Josh Hader is not being brought up. All you guys are doing is beating a dead horse. No...no...no. There is no legitimate reason to outweigh keeping him in the minors. I would be shocked to see him called up. Doesn't seems very Stearns like.

And upsetting Hader and his agent is a bunch of Bologna. Every agent knows how the process works as does every player. It has been this way for years. It would effect NOTHING in the future. What is he going to walk away for $10mil less because years ago we held him back a year? No I think not. You offer him the most money or what he wants and we can have him as long as we dream.

Does 4 games out of the wild card and being a competent pitching staff away from being decent justify holding him down? I know how the system operates, but it just plain irritates me when teams (like the TWINS) deliberately hold guys down to prevent the clock from starting. Play the kid if he's ready to go.

Yikes, I hope you're not suggesting bringing him up to chase a wild card... Hader hasn't even made it to triple a yet, settle down.. We don't need to rush guys up here

Since when does there need to be a legit reason?

+1

And Wily Peralta won't complain.

I wasn't saying there needed to be. Just that it sounds bad using arm fatigue on a guy throwing 95mph

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yikes, I hope you're not suggesting bringing him up to chase a wild card... Hader hasn't even made it to triple a yet, settle down.. We don't need to rush guys up here

wait...chase a wild card? Do you realize that the wild card gets a team in the playoffs? I'm not sure you do. Think Cardinals 2011, or any number of teams. I don't care one bit about winning a division. I want to be in the playoffs. Teams can't win a World Series unless they're in the playoffs. I will chase division titles and Wild Cards every opportunity I get, because that's how a team can win a World Series.

Do I want Hader in the rotation now? No. Do I want him in the bullpen? No. But come August 1st (or barring injuries), I may.

+1

this isn't the MILB phantom injuries. An MLB player is supposed to have an injury. It's supposed to be legit.

And why won't he complain?

As of now, we have one starting pitcher who needs to be replaced (Peralta), and his replacement is obvious (Garza). I think the real question that's left is where Wily should go when Matt is ready.

No matter what one might think about Hader's readiness for promotion, the only spot that would be available for him would be as a replacement Wily for one start before Garza arrives. Adding Garza is going to bump someone from the 40-man roster. Adding both Garza and Hader would cause two guys to get bumped. That's saying nothing about whoever has to go to make room for Knebel.

I think Counsell's assessment was correct when he said, "we have to consider the whole picture here, the whole picture with everybody."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

+1

this isn't the MILB phantom injuries. An MLB player is supposed to have an injury. It's supposed to be legit.

Because being on the DL is better than being in AA?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

+1

Teams use phantom injuries pretty often. It isn't a mystery.

I don't think he would complain because the DL is better than a demotion. Rehab games wouldn't be in Colorado most importantly and it at least sounds temporary. They could pull him off the DL and demote him of course.

The last couple of games the Crew has gotten quality starts out of Davies and Anderson. This is starting to look like a pretty decent rotation, if we could only get consistency.

The Brewers, as of today, are 3 games below .500, which is a lot better than many people (including myself) thought they would be. There is a lot to be optimistic about with this club going forward.

Archived