Brewer Fanatic

Jonathan Lucroy autographed superhero bobblehead wanted

Hello all,

This is probably a long shot, but does anybody have a Jonathan Lucroy signed bobblehead from Superhero night available? I was too late when I tried to purchase the tickets in the exclusive section and have been searching for one since. I have lots of Brewers bobbles available to trade or would be willing to pay a couple hundred cash for one. Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks.

Brian

That is going to be a tough one Brian. I have a source that said only 42 were signed for that promotion.

They really went about that promotion all wrong. It seemed last minute and there wasn't a lot of time for anyone to even know about it.

I got lucky, wish I had more to help you out...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I didn't even know there was a signed one. Heck, I haven't even looked at either of mine yet. I remember when they used to have a limited number of signed ones back in the mid 2000's. I would just find out where they signed it and get the it signed in the same spot during an auto fridays.

I'm sure Lucroy will be doing one more signing somewhere between now and the time he gets traded (assuming he doesn't get traded by the end of May). I'd just get a regular one and get it signed. Is there some kinda promotional card that came with it, or did it just come signed in a box?

The signed bobble was a promotion that was put out when probably all of us bought tickets for that game already.

Yup, that is exactly true.

I emailed them to complain that a lot of people had already bought tickets, and had they known about the signed promotion, people would have bought that one instead. They got back to me, offering to replace my tickets and vouchers with the special signed bobble tickets but I'd have to pay the difference in ticket price. (signed promo was $89 per ticket)

I passed because I didn't have tickets to begin with since I couldn't make that game. I was just annoyed that they offered that special ticket at the last minute, long after most already had tickets. They often do this fly by the seat of your pants crap for promotions. You'd think that a MLB team could do better...

Is there some kinda promotional card that came with it, or did it just come signed in a box?

The COA is the ticket. The tickets for the signed ones were in a different section than the others. To know if it is a real one, given out to those who bought the package, it would have to come with a ticket stub from that certain section, in the check deck.

The signed bobble was a promotion that was put out when probably all of us bought tickets for that game already.

Yup, that is exactly true.

I emailed them to complain that a lot of people had already bought tickets, and had they known about the signed promotion, people would have bought that one instead. They got back to me, offering to replace my tickets and vouchers with the special signed bobble tickets but I'd have to pay the difference in ticket price. (signed promo was $89 per ticket)

I passed because I didn't have tickets to begin with since I couldn't make that game. I was just annoyed that they offered that special ticket at the last minute, long after most already had tickets. They often do this fly by the seat of your pants crap for promotions. You'd think that a MLB team could do better...

And because it was a fly by the seat of your pants "rare" promo, that's exactly why Brian is willing to pay a lot of money for one. I bought 4 tickets to the Beer Vendor game because I thought it was gonna be the Ice Man. Then it was a Miller Lite bottle. Months later there IS an Ice Man bobble and its selling for $300+. Never got one, and unless one fell in my lap for way less, I probably never will.

If it's signed at a signing, or presigned, who cares? It's still signed.

I guess I get it, but with no real CoA it would be easy to pass off a regular signed one as the exclusive ticket. So if you're going to pay big bucks, I'd make sure you get a ticket, which will probably be nigh impossible as they usually get tossed.

I'm sure each of those autographed Lucroy bobbles have a MLB authentication sticker attached to it

Nope, they do not! The Brewers screwed up on this one, it would have been easy to provide a small numbered COA or sticker, something, but they didn't do anything to show it was one of the small series given out. As far as I know, the only real proof is the ticket, and even that is sketchy since it says nothing of the bobble.

I have heard there were only 42 given out, but can't verify that either.

They dropped the ball on this one for sure, but that is what you get when you have an unplanned and un-publicized promotion like this.

I'm sure they didn't do anything about changing the box. But the ones we all got do say "first edition" on them. It woulda been cool if these had "second edition"

On a side note, got my shelves made at my new house so I can display my bobbles again. I've got space for 160. Which means I'm gonna probably be selling off a lot of the ones I don't care about anymore.

Archived