Brewer Fanatic

Where's Brian Anderson?

LMMCBrewer
Brian doesn't really do anything annoying but never has he ever said anything that I thought was interesting or entertaining. I'll never say that he's bad at what he does but I just can't understand the people who say he's good at what he does. He's just so bland and boring.

I will say that while I do personally like BA, I actually understand this sentiment too. And I think that part of the reason that he gets so much national work is that he is both good (at least IMO) and fairly vanilla at the same time.

And it's probably part of the reason I like BA and Rock. I don't need much from the announcers to love watching, in fact a couple guys who just narrate and don't overpower the broadcast are great.

Right. I don't expect everyone to like BA, but I do think he's good at his job. Perhaps 'everyone else sucks' isn't the best bar to set for our commentators, but I think people underestimate the difficulty of filling 3+ hours of air time every single day. It's just not going to happen in a way that suits everyone.

Personally I do think he shows good enthusiasm for the team without being Sutton over the top about it.

Hate him if you would like. However the fact he has endless announcing gigs across every sports platform you can think of tells me he is really good. You don't get all those offers being average. The guy is one of the best at his job and it's hard to debate. Uecker is one of the best at his job(as they say) and I don't think he is anything special. That is my opinion and the majority would disagree. Which is fine. That being said it is just a person talking...breath.

At least he doesn't do this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabkvideos/mlb-announcer-interviews-bird/vp-BBBnq3G

I agree on Uecker. He's basically been doing the same schtick and telling the same "I was bad at baseball" stories for 20+ years. Sometimes he finds time to talk about the action going on actually give a score.

I would like the announcers switched. I always felt BA would make a good radio announcers since he seems to describe the action better than Uecker. Uecker would be great on TV since we can already see the action.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hate him if you would like. However the fact he has endless announcing gigs across every sports platform you can think of tells me he is really good. You don't get all those offers being average. The guy is one of the best at his job and it's hard to debate. Uecker is one of the best at his job(as they say) and I don't think he is anything special. That is my opinion and the majority would disagree. Which is fine. That being said it is just a person talking...breath.

At least he doesn't do this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabkvideos/mlb-announcer-interviews-bird/vp-BBBnq3G

I agree on Uecker. He's basically been doing the same schtick and telling the same "I was bad at baseball" stories for 20+ years. Sometimes he finds time to talk about the action going on actually give a score.

To me that's kind of the elephant in the room when people talk about Ueck, no one really wants to say it, because hey, he's Bob Uecker, but if it were anyone else I wouldn't think of him as a very good announcer.

Obviously the guy can get away with it because he's a legend, but he frequently seems to lose track of the game these days or give a misleading call early on during the course of a play.

With that said I still very much enjoy listening to him and respect him, and hope he can see the Brewers win a World Series while he's still around.

Community Moderator
I debated starting a new topic, but the topic is going this way in here right now. What do you guys think of the radio team right now? I really enjoyed listening to Levering and Grindle the other day. Boy, Grindle sounds a lot like Matt Vasgersian.

I debated starting a new topic, but the topic is going this way in here right now. What do you guys think of the radio team right now? I really enjoyed listening to Levering and Grindle the other day. Boy, Grindle sounds a lot like Matt Vasgersian.

THANK YOU! I've been telling my wife this for a little over a year now and she doesn't hear it. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I am very happy with this combination if this is the radio team going forward after Uecker. I could very easily see a two man booth when Uecker is replaced rather than the Uecker 1-2, Levering 3-4, Uecker 5-6, Levering 7, Uecker 8-9 setup that is currently in place.

And yes Grindle sounds a TON like Vasgersian.

Archived