Brewer Fanatic

Tommy Milone

Milone is on waivers and Brewers could pick him up for free if they assume his contract. Milone has mediocre numbers this year though his k rate is still good....his numbers over last few years are slightly better than Chase Anderson....this type of pickup would allow us to trade Peralta if there is a market while not having to rush an arm that is not ready

Solid ideas (about Milone and not rushing arms) but to bring in Milone you need a 40 man roster space. Who goes?

At this point Wily would have LIMITED trade value. Are you willing to take the cash considerations or bucket of balls or 3 guys playing in extended spring training??

Even with some teams DESPARATE for pitching help (LAA, SF) they will not send top assets for Wily.

(Although I wish I was wrong on that).

I'd pick him up purely because the Brewers need an innings eater. I think his contract is only about 3 million--- it's not a lot. The Brewers might be waiting until after he's through waivers to grab him so he costs the MLB minimum though...

Solid ideas (about Milone and not rushing arms) but to bring in Milone you need a 40 man roster space. Who goes?

I don't think too many would be upset if Andy Wilkins left the organization. They still have not put Will Smith on the 60 day DL. Not sure if that is too high a price tag but the Brewers could certainly use some stability in the rotation as there are not a heck of a lot of options in the minors right now, or at least options that have not already failed at the big league level.

this type of pickup would allow us to trade Peralta if there is a market while not having to rush an arm that is not ready

Or one could just save the money and throw a league minimum player out there because it does not matter at all.

Pick him up and start piggy backing him with a guy like Anderson. Save the pen with two guys that can pitch 4 innings each.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pick him up and start piggy backing him with a guy like Anderson. Save the pen with two guys that can pitch 4 innings each.

Why can't we just do that with one of the guys we already have? Thornburg? Capuano?

Why can't we just do that with one of the guys we already have? Thornburg? Capuano?

We could do it but Milone has a chance to be be a redeemer while a guy like Cappy doesn't do much for us.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We could do it but Milone has a chance to be be a redeemer while a guy like Cappy doesn't do much for us.

Helps us for the 2017 draft...

Milone could probably do better than Capuano, but it's not like Milone is going to build any trade value. Doesn't really sound like a good investment.

At this point Milone would cost about $3.5 million (current contract less 20ish percent). To me that would be worth trying to upgrade the staff, but they could also wait and sign him to a league minimum deal. It's not like another team would sign him and slide him right into the rotation like Milwaukee could.

Archived