Brewer Fanatic

Closing Card Store

I just wanted to give collectors a heads up that a local card shop is closing next Friday because of the Owner's health.

The gentleman manning the store is taking 50% offers on high dollar items like Favre autos and they have bobble heads going 4 for $20.

Definitely worth giving them a call.

It's Gundersons on 72nd & National. I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I'll have to go over there. All things considered, Doug isn't that old. I tried to get a part time summer job there a few years ago (he hired a high school kid over me, LOLZ) I'll need to go over there in the next few days. Thanks for the heads up.

I stopped over there Monday. Got a Sabathia ball for 40 and some binder sheets. Doug's assistant is trying to buy out the store from him, but was unsure if that would happen. Unfortunately, they never had a great selection of cards I was interested in. All higher end cards were never of great quality, dinged up, O/C, etc.

They did have a Nolan Ryan rookie I was semi interested in, but he wanted 550 for it (it was listed at 750). It was O/C, and probably woulda graded out at at 5 O/C (about a 200-300 card if graded).

Glad you got over there. I stopped in there on Tuesday, he said he would know on Wednesday if they were going to stay open. I haven't checked in since.

It's my main shop for penny sleeves and top loaders just because of how close it is but the cream of the crop is Price's (Brewtown).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc, might be too late. He said if he couldn't buy out Doug, it would most likely be closed by Friday.

You might be right. I just tried calling after reading your post and no one picked up. I am planning on going to the game vs. the Cubs tomorrow night and may head that direction to see if there is a sign on the door. I will post here after I find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived