Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Designate Sam Freeman to make room for Junior Guerra

MrTPlush

Who will take his place?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Guerra hadn't been given a 25-man roster spot yet, so I'd assume he'd be taking Freeman's spot.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Guerra hadn't been given a 25-man roster spot yet, so I'd assume he'd be taking Freeman's spot.

Duh. For some reason I had thought there was already a previous demotion but that was to get Goforth up.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Duh. For some reason I had thought there was already a previous demotion but that was to get Goforth up.

Yea, I missed that too! Forgot about clearing a spot for Guerra.

Ends up being Guerra replacing Jungmann and Goforth replacing Freeman. Just did it in a roundabout way to keep an extra bullpen arm for a few days.

Jungmann needs to get things straightened out, and AAA is better for that than the majors. Guerra gets his shot as a 31-year-old rookie. Like Presley, this allows the Brewers to keep their better prospects in the minors, while attempting to "catch lightning in a bottle" and get some cheap value out of a vet.

Freeman couldn't find the strike zone as a Brewer, so they couldn't keep trotting him out. Meanwhile, Goforth could be a valuable middle reliever for the next few seasons, so let's see what he can bring.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

How can you not be pulling for a guy like Junior Guerra? Talk about paying your dues. Hope he lights it on fire tonight and for many more starts!

I'm getting really anal here, but Shane Robinson, whom the Angels called up on Sunday, has one AB against Guerra. :)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

For as good as Freeman's numbers were before he came to Milwaukee, he was absolutely brutal here.

Must be our new pitching coach.

I'm getting really anal here, but Shane Robinson, whom the Angels called up on Sunday, has one AB against Guerra. :)

We can use the word anal? Oh fun! :laughing

For as good as Freeman's numbers were before he came to Milwaukee, he was absolutely brutal here.

Stearns is a data analysis guy who probably saw a significant sign from data that Freeman was going to turn into a valuable asset that could be flipped. Maybe it was strikeouts per inning but who knows. Again he probably saw a similar stat that caught his eye with Guerra, we'll see how that works out over the next couple of weeks. Stearns really hasn't been in baseball that long, so it will be interesting to see how he does over the next couple of years.

Archived