Brewer Fanatic

flipping players...

TURBO

I here you on the Mat Latos, but much like in the off season I still don't think it was a fit. Matt Garza was a good bounce back candidate himself so it didn't make sense sending him to the bullpen to assure to have his contract rot. I am not saying there weren't solid argument to send him to the pen or even release him, but realistically it just was an option and wasn't going to happen. Then comes Jungmann and sending him to AAA which I also don't think was a great option. He got destroyed at AAA and did very well at the MLB level till late in the season. I just don't think dumping him back to AAA was a realistic option either.

In the end I didn't think it was a fit or feasible without some questionable moves. Our rotation was set and just because everyone sucks now doesn't change that. Back in January the rotation had no more room and you could argue there were more than 5 guys deserving of a spot. Latos just wasn't in the cards.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He put together 2 teams that were fully capable of winning a World Series. The 2008 and 2011 teams both had all the tools they needed to win one. Just because they lost in the playoffs doesn't change that fact.

First that's not a fact, that's an opinion.

Second, there's no way the 2008 team had enough talent to win a WS

Interesting statement to make immediately after telling someone else that their statement was not a fact, but an opinion...

With Capuano throwing harder this year (91-93) and his ERA under 4, I'd consider trying to stretch him out as a starter if I might be able to get something for him around the deadline. Heck, we may need to stretch him out due to lack of depth

In 2011 Yuni B was worth a grand 0 dWAR. He made some errors, but outside of that he was fairly reliable in all other aspects.

You can't make errors on baseballs you cannot get to. Unbelievably bad range can help one's error totals, but not the overall defense of the team. Melvin liked him because he hit some HR's. LOL

Yes I realize that. Yuniesky Betancourt wasn't as bad in 2011 as he typically was. Advanced stats would support that. I think he was worth -3 runs despite typically costing as much as -20. I am not saying he wasn't bad, but he wasn't the death of the team as some people make it out to be.

Archived