Brewer Fanatic

Jungmann optioned to Colorado Springs; Goforth recalled; [Latest: Junior Guerra will start Tuesday; post 43]

And That

You act like back in 2011 everyone knew Sonny Gray was going to be amazing..

I'm just a youth & high school coach and in 3 seconds could tell you that Gray had/has way more projectable mechanics than Jungmann.

Jungmann starts toward the 3rd base dugout and then throws across his body. His mechanics are a disaster

Wow sounds like you should get a good promotion here shortly. I will take the word of what the scouts were saying. If it was that simple he wouldn't have been a Top 10 prospect in the draft.

And in reply to Jungmann hitting 98 he wasn't consistently hitting 98. He worked in the 95 range back then though. Now I'm happy if he hits 92 for one inning.

Last year Jungmann was regularly throwing 93-94. That was shocking and contrary to what scouting reports had said

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but can someone elaborate on Guerra's history? I'm having trouble understanding his player page on Baseball America (not sure why it's split out the way it is):

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/players/cards/88417

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Stearns should be fired if any of Arcia/Hader/Phillips are here opening day 2017.

Umm.. why? If those guys have proven all they need to in the minors, they have no business being held down. I'm really sick of this idea that we have to hold onto these players like they are golden unicorns when it comes to service time. Eventually these players have to come up and play and those three very well could be opening day 2017. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

See that is the thing they are golden unicorns. We are a small market team and an extra year or them not hitting Super Two status is huge to us. HUGE

If they end up being anything close to All Stars you will be really happy that we waited till a few months into a lost season to call them up. Teams in the thick of a pennant race won't put these players on the roster till that deadline passes in most cases. Even big market teams will follow this model. It has immense value to any baseball club.

There's a reason that fans think like MrTPlush, but organizations no longer do. They have realized that there's more to it than simply service time and arbitration clocks. Teams should not rush players to the majors. But teams have realized that by calling up a player when they're ready RATHER than delaying it for service time reasons, teams can build an incredible amount of goodwill with players and agents, may be able to lock up players long term in affordable arbitration-year buyouts, and will also speed up the player's big league adjustment period. With Braun, there were legitimate concerns, especially with his defense. A few years ago teams were regularly holding back prospects back in the minors. It doesn't appear to happen as much anymore.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in this thread, but can someone elaborate on Guerra's history? I'm having trouble understanding his player page on Baseball America (not sure why it's split out the way it is):

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/players/cards/88417

The difference I see is batting stats in the first table and pitching stats in the second. But digging a little deeper and looking at Junior's Baseball Reference page, it looks like he was a catcher and first baseman from 2003-2005 before he started pitching in 2006.

The other thing to pay attention to is not to mix him up with Javy Guerra, who was also with the White Sox last year. I ran across at least one article that used a photo of the wrong Guerra.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Thanks Casey. Completely missed that the first table was batting stats. Duh. I didn't really take a good look at the numbers as I was just trying to figure out the split in tables.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived