Brewer Fanatic

Jungmann optioned to Colorado Springs; Goforth recalled; [Latest: Junior Guerra will start Tuesday; post 43]

And That
I'm glad, and not the least bit surprised. Last September I was starting to wonder if we'd already seen the best of Jungmann...Hopefully not, but no matter the what, right now his pitching is not MLB caliber. Will be rooting for him to get it together.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should of optioned Peralta too...He's been doing the equivalent of Jungmanm.

Unfortunately Jungmann has been quite a bit worse and he doesn't have a track record of success. Wouldn't be surprised if we never see Jungmann as a full time starter again. He had his chance and just blew it with many guys waiting in the wings.

At this point I will be excited about any starter who can go more than 5 innings.

Then Hader really isn't an option at this point because that's about where he'll be in 100 pitches... 5 complete or so.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

With Hader, you'd have him on the 40-man roster before he has to be, you'd probably use up an option that wouldn't be used otherwise, he'd start accumulating service time, and he's been inefficient. That's four issues, which is about three too many to consider calling him up.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

With Hader, you'd have him on the 40-man roster before he has to be, you'd probably use up an option that wouldn't be used otherwise, he'd start accumulating service time, and he's been inefficient. That's four issues, which is about three too many to consider calling him up.

And that is missing the biggest issue. Any injury and he will get service time until healthy.

Could Wang be the guy who's up and pitching on Tuesday?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Could Wang be the guy who's up and pitching on Tuesday?

I don't envision any notable name to come up and pitch. Probably just someone at AAA and I also don't think Wang is ready. He has just started at AA.

Ortega would make sense. He pitches deep into games. Yes it's short rest, but he barely surpassed 80 pitches. Might be nice to have an efficient strike thrower. I could also see Burgos getting his first shot in years

I think it guerra and he not a guy to fit what they are doing for the future. But if Anderson continues he see Colorado Springs soon

While I agree he isn't a fit for what we are doing for the future we have to get through this season as well. Trotting out guys who can't go more than five innings is going to burn out some arms. That isn't good for the future either.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

If he's throwing 98-99mph, it could be a little exciting.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think it guerra and he not a guy to fit what they are doing for the future. But if Anderson continues he see Colorado Springs soon

Unfortunately we can only send down so many of these guys. The options on the farm aren't really better and Lopez/Hader are probably not options at all. I guess we could put Cappy in the rotation....

The options on the farm aren't really better and Lopez/Hader are probably not options at all.

I get Hader, but why not Lopez? Sure he'd be "burning service time," but part of this season is to get young guys some playing time to get their feet wet. It's probably not a good idea to have all of your good prospects coming up in the same season. Better to get some guys up each year so we'll have a shot of being good in a couple of seasons.

I'd guess he wasn't called up simply because he has some service time already, so they want to keep him down until they get another year's service time, but Lopez should be up sometime this season. Hopefully when he's called up it's permanent.

-Nelson is our best pitcher.

-Peralta is in his first arby year and has to keep starting to see if he can "find it," at which point he would be a great trading chip. This year or next off-season seem like the ideal time to trade him if he can regain his value.

-Garza will eventually come back and pitch to see if he can be traded this off-season as he's still under contract through next year.

-Anderson is in his final pre-arby year, with four arby years of "team control." He will have a long leash to see if he can hold down a rotation spot for the Brewers for a few seasons as the prospects trickle in.

-"Fringy" guys like Jungmann, Davies, Guerra, Cravy, etc. have a window to show what they can do. Hopefully some of these guys can step forward and secure a rotation spot for a few years.

-Hopefully, our better prospects (Lopez, Kodi, Hader, Houser, etc) will work their way into the rotation over the next few seasons and we will have a much better, homegrown rotation in the not-too-distant future.

* I also hope we get a guy in the eventual Lucroy trade who could be a top-of-the-rotation guy, but until that happens we can't count on it.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I'd bring up Lopez(well maybe not after his awful start now), but the likelyhood they burn service time is probably low. Most on here would support that notion.

Lopez may make an appearance before September, but it won't happen till the cut off date. It is so close bringing him up now wouldn't really make any sense. It's hard to say when he is pitching so badly and we don't know how management feels about starting his clock.

Archived