Brewer Fanatic

Jungmann optioned to Colorado Springs; Goforth recalled; [Latest: Junior Guerra will start Tuesday; post 43]

And That

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or Thornburg added back to the rotation. I doubt it, but at this point anything is possible.

That would be my choice. Thornburg ended up in the bullpen in 2014, only because they signed Garza and he became the odd man out despite closing 2013 with some strong starting performances. He's healthy now, able to use all his pitches and he'd be much more valuable as a starter.

But why not Magnifico instead of Goforth? Maybe Goforth is just a temporary extra arm and who'll start in Jungmann's spot will be determined later? Hader maybe? Pena?

I think that is correct on Goforth. He adds to the pen and they likely bring somebody up to start in a few days.

I don't think they want to move TT out of a relief roll after he has finally settled in.

I wouldn't mind giving Blazek a shot at it but he isn't stretched out either.

At this post by I'm just happy it isnt going to be Jungmann

Hader has been lights out in Biloxi (0.53 ERA), any chance he gets a shot, not like its going to hurt.

Not going to happen 0% chance...none. Especially this close to the cut off date for an extra year. Won't see him till we get through a bit of 2017 after the cut off date then. There is just little reason to lose so much team control.

Or Thornburg added back to the rotation. I doubt it, but at this point anything is possible.

That would be my choice. Thornburg ended up in the bullpen in 2014, only because they signed Garza and he became the odd man out despite closing 2013 with some strong starting performances. He's healthy now, able to use all his pitches and he'd be much more valuable as a starter.

But why not Magnifico instead of Goforth? Maybe Goforth is just a temporary extra arm and who'll start in Jungmann's spot will be determined later? Hader maybe? Pena?

We're still in April. Magnifico (and Chapman for that matter) will be up this season- probably sooner rather than later. This year is mostly about figuring out who is a part of the future, who can be traded for a pieces that may be part of the future, and eliminating guys who are neither.

You don't find an Axford or even a Blazek without going through a whole lot of Freemans, Torres, Goforth, and the like. Put another way, think of this season as a 6 month extended spring training.

Hader has been lights out in Biloxi (0.53 ERA), any chance he gets a shot, not like its going to hurt.

Not going to happen 0% chance...none. Especially this close to the cut off date for an extra year. Won't see him till we get through a bit of 2017 after the cut off date then. There is just little reason to lose so much team control.

Given that the audition would likely be for a couple starts, I have no problem with Hader. We wouldn't lose team control, as he'd likely go down at some point. But the benefits are that he could try to face big league hitters and learn what he needs to go back and work on. Someone else said he shouldn't be learning on a crappy team, but I'd rather he learn while we're crappy than while we're counting on him

They're not giving Hader too many innings per start. With his numbers, he's not getting pulled because of performance, so they must be really monitoring his innings. That makes me doubt he would be called up, at least not this soon.

Seems logical that Goforth is just adding another arm to the pen until another starter is needed. If And That is correct (and he usually is), and Lopez and Houser would be on normal rest, I'd guess it's one of them, and the more likely would seem to be Lopez.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Yeah I imagine Goforth is here just a few days until the next spot start and then he can go right back to AAA. Maybe the starter sticks around maybe he goes right back down and they bring back up a guy like Cravy for a few games.

Peralta is ticking up. He's shown the ability to turn it around. Jungmann was a fish out of water out there and you could see it. Sad to watch. Hopefully he'll get adjusted in AAA.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The problem with Hader is pitch counts. He hasn't been able to go over 4 innings so far.

Until he can pitch deeper into games I don't see them bringing him up. Do they want burn an option on him this year?

If Hader's as good as we're hoping, he won't need all 3 option years.

Cappy is starting. They've talked about having him on the team because he can start if needed. Thornburg hasn't been a starter in what, 3 or 4 years? They're not going to put him in the rotation in the middle of the season.

No Cappy isn't starting

Archived