Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Friday 4/29 - Did you catch the exciting Diplan - Peralta tandem in the ballpark or on TV

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Friday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Colorado Springs: RHP Hiram Burgos at Iowa (Cubs), 6:30 PM pre-game, 7:08 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Dan Karcher, the longtime play-by-play voice of the Sky Sox is on Twitter @SkySoxKarch; joining him this season is Dan Acheson (@Dan_Acheson)

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Colorado Springs games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $49.99 season-long package ($12.99 to pay for a single month). The audio feed is from the home team. The video of each game is archived online, which is a nice feature. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

NOTE: Notice that on MiLB.TV's page, you can click on "Filter", then "Milwaukee Brewers", and you'll see just the Crew's organizational TV lineup.

Biloxi: RHP Jorge Ortega at home vs. Tennessee (Cubs), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:10 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Harris is the play-by-play voice of the Shuckers. Follow Chris on Twitter @CHarris731. We'll be linking to his fantastic "Shuck Dynasty" blog. Thaddeus Krzus (@Shucks1stIntern) joins Chris often. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be radio broadcast.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the ten Southern League teams telecast their home games, and Biloxi is among them.

Brevard County: A rare idle Friday; the Tampa Yankees moved the game, scheduling a doubleheader Saturday

Wisconsin: RHP Marcos Diplan at home vs. Lansing (Blue Jays), 6:15 PM pre-game, 6:35 gametime; expect RHP Freddy Peralta to pitch in a tandem role

Free Live Audio Link

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV - Eight of the 16 Midwest League teams telecast their home games, and Wisconsin, once again, is among them. We'll let you know when a road TV feed is available.

NOTE: Thirty-nine (!) of the Rattlers' 70 home games will be broadcast on local TV this season. Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (10) and WACY-TV My NEW32 (29) will split duties. We'll let you know when and who, and remember to refer to the Rattlers' full TV schedule (scroll to bottom of link) so you can coordinate your DVR activity.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Look for these just prior to the respective game times --

Colorado Springs Media Notes - Linked on the Sky Sox official blog

Biloxi Media Notes - Linked on the Shuck Dynasty blog

Wisconsin Media Notes - Linked on the Rattler Radio blog

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League South Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Sortable individual stat pages:

Colorado Springs

Biloxi

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Weather.com:

Des Moines, IA

Biloxi, MS

Grand Chute, WI

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hi Link Report readers, I'll be making only my 3rd trip ever (2003, 2013) from Boston into Miller Park for Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon games next week vs. the Angels, and I wouldn't mind experiencing my first Milwaukee tailgate (I'll chip in...;)).

If you wouldn't mind me stopping by with my buddy, shoot me a line at jgoulart at brewerfan.net, and we can exchange cell phone #'s.

Thanks!

Rattlers shut out Lansing 2-0

Wisconsin wins sixth straight game

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/9/5/8/175376958/cuts/4_29_PlayerOftheGameMarcosDiplan_IMAGE_aslgi8vy_sbmr8vsj.jpg

Marcos Diplan struck out eight and allowed one hit over five scoreless innings for his third win of the season as the Rattlers beat the Lansing Lugnuts 2-0. (Wisconsin Timber Rattlers/Ann Mollica)

Wisconsin Boxscore

This is the best pitching we've had in our WI tenure, not just results, but Miguel Diaz and Marcos Diplan are legit prospects whom are performing well. Freddy Peralta's FB is a tick slower than those guys but the results have been stellar thus far.

WI pounded out 11 hits but only managed the 2 runs. David Denson (2-4), Blake Allemand (2-4), Carlos Belonis (2-4), and Elvis Rubio (2-4) had the multi-hit games. Max McDowell extended his streak with a double and played his characteristic strong defense while Jake Gatewood extended his hit streak with a gift double on an IF pop up as well.

Luis Aviles all of 6'1", 170lbs played 1B in this one, I do wish Denson was getting some time there but that is what it is, he's played 4 games in the OF this season.

Wisconsin Recap

I give you Marcos Diplan...

Lansing Top of the 1st

• Andrew Guillotte walks.
    Lane Thomas strikes out swinging.
    With Juan Kelly batting, Andrew Guillotte caught stealing 2nd base, catcher Max McDowell to shortstop Isan Diaz.
    Juan Kelly triples (2) on a line drive to right fielder Carlos Belonis, deflected by center fielder Monte Harrison.
    Ryan Hissey strikes out swinging.

Lansing Top of the 2nd

• Gunnar Heidt strikes out swinging.
    Jacob Anderson strikes out swinging.
    Justin Atkinson called out on strikes.

Lansing Top of the 3rd

• Josh Almonte grounds out, pitcher Marcos Diplan to first baseman Luis Aviles.
    Austin Davis strikes out swinging.
    Andrew Guillotte grounds out, shortstop Isan Diaz to first baseman Luis Aviles.

Lansing Top of the 4th

• Lane Thomas walks.
    Lane Thomas out at 2nd, catcher Max McDowell to shortstop Isan Diaz.
    Juan Kelly flies out to left fielder Elvis Rubio.
    Ryan Hissey flies out to right fielder Carlos Belonis.

Lansing Top of the 5th

• Gunnar Heidt called out on strikes.
    Jacob Anderson grounds out, shortstop Isan Diaz to first baseman Luis Aviles.
    Justin Atkinson strikes out swinging.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Saw T-Rats tonight, Diplan looked awesome! Pitching is coming around for the T-Rats, now once those bats heat up, it will be a fun summer in Appleton!

This is a fun team to watch, lots of pure athletes, lots of speed, and they look like they are having fun out there...

6 in a row, 2 straight shut-outs!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Bullpen struggles late in 8-3 loss to Smokies

Nick Ramirez went 3-for-5 with a homer and two runs on Friday

Biloxi Shuckers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/1/4/8/175400148/cuts/2Q5A4698_mobobxd0_b8dxl5b3.JPG

Nick Ramirez blasted his second homer of 2016 in the eighth inning Friday (Michael Krebs)

Biloxi Boxscore

Jed Bradley's up and down season isn't a surprise, Hobbs Johnson's inability to avoid base runners has been. Jorge Ortega only threw 81 pitches, 57 for strikes, I would have let him pitch the 6th, but this low pitch count thing has been going on for a couple of years now. It's fine in the lower levels but at AA it honestly drives me a bit crazy.

I'm sure the game story will cover Tyrone Taylor and Nick Ramirez having nice games at the plate. Ramirez 3 hit day bumped his AVE from .216 to .262 and his OPS from .662 to .819.

Biloxi Recap

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Iowa 1, Colorado Springs 0

Sky Sox Silenced In 1-0 Shutout

Scoreless start from Burgos not enough as Iowa scores game's only run to win

By Aaron Cheris / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Colorado Springs Box Score

Michael Reed, playing LF, singled twice and walked; Orlando Arcia stole his 4th base in five attempts; RHP Hiram Burgos managed to keep things scoreless through five despite three base hits and five walks...

Colorado Springs Game Log

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Jorge Ortega left in line for his first win of the season with the one run lead. In five innings of work, the native of Venezuela allowed four hits and struck out four. In four starts in 2016, the right-hander has not issued a walk over 22.2 innings, and has struck out 13 batters.

I believe we've now determined given his profile, that not only is RHP Jorge Ortega the most unique pitcher we've covered in Link Report history (2001), but he's consistently the most unique pitcher we've covered.

Archived