Brewer Fanatic

2016 Pitching Staff

pacopete4
When evaluating the pitchers, we should remember that the Brewers have a really bad defense. Depending on what metrics you believe, they're somewhere from bottom six to absolute worst in MLB, and none of the starting position players look particularly good in individual defensive stats. It's a small sample, but also one that is consistent with the track records of most of these players. I think the pitchers look worse than they are simply because balls in play are not being reliably turned into outs. That's not to say things are great, but it's especially hard for pitchers who rely on balls in play to succeed with this defense behind them, and we don't really have a lot of high-K guys among the starters. I don't know whether that contributes to the really high number of walks issued, but it is a brutal combination.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to stop listening to talk radio. Yesterday the host said that he thinks the Brewers already have 2 top of the rotation starters with Peralta and Nelson, then went on to say that if Hill keeps playing well, we should be able to trade him at the deadline for a front line pitching prospect. I had to turn it off before I heard any more.

I have to stop listening to talk radio. Yesterday the host said that he thinks the Brewers already have 2 top of the rotation starters with Peralta and Nelson, then went on to say that if Hill keeps playing well, we should be able to trade him at the deadline for a front line pitching prospect. I had to turn it off before I heard any more.

The sounds like some of the excellent baseball analysis you get from 107.5 The Fan.

Archived