Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tuesday 4/26

Mass Haas

In 24 innings this year, Perrin has struck out 29 versus 0 - zero - walks.

I watched him pitch for one inning yesterday, the inning with the pop fly 30 feet behind third base that no one saw. I believe TheCrew had a radar gun on him last year that clocked his FB in the upper 80s/low 90s, and without Mehring giving any velocity readings I'd have to guess, but it looks like he was throwing about that hard last night. It looks like he has a change-up and slider (slurve?) mix. None of his offerings were super impressive, but his command certainly was. He also seemed to repeat his delivery pretty well and maintain arm speed on the change/breaking ball. But again, that was from one inning of work.

14 strikeouts in 7 innings without overpowering stuff is awfully impressive. He atleast is in the radar screen now and worth a special look at the Link Report when he pitches.

Harrison and Arcia both with very good nights.

BC continues to be completely depressing. I just don't get it. Regardless of how bad that park is and how bad the league is overall against hitters the pure terrible numbers being put up are mind boggling. Its not like there is no talent there. I am genuinely concerned that there is a coaching issue or something else going on because year in and year out the team is terrible. I am a little scared to see how the current Helena and Wisconsin roster would fare next year. Even the best pitching prospect we have in BC is absolutely terrible right now. 3-16, my goodness.

Fortunately, they won't be playing in BC next season.

As for Perrin, maybe he's a guy they could fast track. I've always liked the idea of fast tracking a college pitcher into MLB, someone who is not a top prospect. Just real solid, not much to improve on, basically close to their ceiling already. I thought of Sneed as a guy like that, Perrin could fit that description too.

It's probably coaching and talent. I don't think the park can be blamed when the pitching has been almost as equally bad as the hitting. 10th out of 12 teams in team ERA, 11th out of 12 in WHIP. Dead last in runs scored and OPS.

Just going back through Ayrault's tenure:

2015 - 10th out of 12 in team ERA, 9th in OPS

2014 - 1st in team ERA, 8th in OPS

2013 - 7th in ERA, Last in OPS

2012 - 8th in ERA, Last in OPS

Yost IV has been a coach in Brevard for the past 5 season as well.

Hopefully they can right the ship when Ponce and Williams come back.

Archived