Brewer Fanatic

Braun trade value now

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Contracts like that always clear unless they are Trout.

This could be interesting. I'd put the odds low that he is moved in the few days but never count the Dodgers out.

Not if they are a great deal like a lot try to preach on here. I take this as proof we need to pick up money to get any good prospects back. Every team had a shot to at least attempt to add Braun by just taking his contract and no team did so.

While things might and probably will be better on the Braun trade market this off season I highly doubt teams are suddenly going to pony up great prospects and take on the entire contract.

Contracts like that always clear unless they are Trout.

This could be interesting. I'd put the odds low that he is moved in the few days but never count the Dodgers out.

Not if they are a great deal like a lot try to preach on here. I take this as proof we need to pick up money to get any good prospects back. Every team had a shot to at least attempt to add Braun by just taking his contract and no team did so.

While things might and probably will be better on the Braun trade market this off season I highly doubt teams are suddenly going to pony up great prospects and take on the entire contract.

Probably. His contract isn't horrible but it isn't a bargain either.

Contracts like that always clear

Always.

That's why they always clear.

Probably the only reason he was claimed is the fact he was on the right side of 30 and the contract wasn't that big. From a performance stand point the White Sox didn't do too bad. He provided them with two great seasons and one solid one which is hard to complain about. However they never made it anywhere with him and they didn't trade him for much when they got rid of him.

What's a reasonable expectation that we could expect back for Braun if LA does make a hard charge for him this week before the 8/31 deadline? I just find it so hard to know what type of value he has right now due to all of the baggage that he brings with him? If it weren't for the PED baggage, I'd honestly want the moon for Braun in any kind of a trade. But, obviously there is no way to hide that awful baggage that he brings with him.

Is it unreasonable to expect DeLeon/Sheffield and another teenager in their system? Personally, I'd prefer to have Bellinger/DeLeon/teenager, but I realize that will never happen. Does LA consider an offer like this, or would they simply laugh Stearns off the phone?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I would guess clearing waivers means no trade this year or that the Brewers need to take on some salary. If the Dodgers (or other team) were truly serious about getting him, claiming him does a couple things to your advantage:

1) Puts you in an exclusive position to make a trade (no competitors upping the ante)

2) Pushes a time restriction on the Brewers to do a deal.

The only downside is if you don't want to eat the contract. Which no one wanted to do.

Archived