Brewer Fanatic

Hunter Morris signed Bobblehead

remfire
I recently purchased a bunch of bobbleheads from Prices Sportscards before they sold. This was part of the lot. Hunter Morris with his son signed on the brim of his hat. It comes in the the original, plain, white box. Box shows some wear, but the bobblehead is great. It was on display at the shop so it does have some dust on it. Not overly interested in minor league bobbles. Thought I'd check here first before I most likely put it on ebay. I have no idea of the value on this. Willing to sell, but would rather trade for other bobble(s) that I need.

What are you looking for in trade? I'd probably be interested.

Value is pretty tough to determine on this one since he is no longer a Brewer prospect. Autos mean a lot to some, and nothing to others when it comes to bobbles... I happen to fall in the "nothing" catagory unless I see the auto live. Too many fakes out there, and if given the choice, I'd rather have a clean bobble to display over an autographed one.

I am taking a stab in the dark on this one, but I'd say the value is probably about $30. When this one first came out, it was getting $50 on ebay, but the last few I have seen either haven't sold, or went for about $20 or less plus shipping.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't even know if Hunter Morris is still in baseball. He really shoulda got a call up in September a few years back though.

I don't even think it'd go for 20 at this point. A white eraser will take that signature right off.

Yeah, so many of the Brewers minor league bobbles that were selling for a ton a few years back, have stalled out. Same thing with the Brewers SGA bobbles. They have become next to worthless, just too many of them given out.

I have a friend that's getting back into baseball cards. He posts on Facebook the packs he opens and is thrilled when he gets a Clayton Kershaw or a Buster Posey base card. All these other people comment like "Oh wow, those have to be worth a lot!" and I'm like "There's a million of that card. Each one is about $0.25."

I have a friend that's getting back into baseball cards. He posts on Facebook the packs he opens and is thrilled when he gets a Clayton Kershaw or a Buster Posey base card. All these other people comment like "Oh wow, those have to be worth a lot!" and I'm like "There's a million of that card. Each one is about $0.25."

That's still probably a little too much.

How could anyone get back into cards? I got out a LONG time ago, and have never looked back. I occasionally pick up auto inserts of minor league Brewers on ebay, but that is it...

I got back into cards when I started getting bored (and started to run out of room) with bobbleheads four or five years back. When I got back in though I knew I loved the cards from the 50's and 60's, so I began collecting the Milwaukee Braves team sets. I also buy cards of the players I loved as a kid (Griffey, Yount, Canseco, Bo, Ryan). Last summer I finished my run of unopened boxes of cards from 79-90 (Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck).

I dabbled in modern but after ripping through a few boxes, it wasn't worth the cost of a box, because you spend X amount of dollars trying to hit on some /100, /25, or /1 card. I had fun opening them though, and it brought me back to when I was 12.

At least I know with what I'm collecting now, the value won't decrease. There's only a handful of bobbles that are still climbing in value (I'm still kicking myself for selling my Bernie Stitch N Pitch for $150), while most have dropped. I know that's not the point of collecting for most, but someday I'm gonna go off the air, and I'd like for my wife (and kids someday) to be able to get the most out of what I invested in. That's just me though.

I got back into cards from about 2003-2008. I collected heavily as a kid, and loved the look of the newer cards. There were so many different sets, incorporating prospects, current and older players. I blew through a ton of money on them. I still have a nice Brewers personal collection, mostly of people no longer with the team. I collected for Brewers and players I liked, not really for long term value. I sold/traded high value cards to pay for the stuff that meant something to me. I still have a nice HOF autograph collection, and some other stuff that will raise in value as older players pass on, but as a whole, my collection is pretty low end value wise. Cards are so expensive now, and like someone said, you are basically buying a box for a few "hit" cards, that may be worthless. I love the thrill of ripping packs, but I just can't justify the money. For the cost of a box, I can probably cherry pick ebay for all the cards I would have wanted.

Archived