Brewer Fanatic

Rick Kranitz appreciation thread

JohnBriggs12

Are you serious about these posts or are you just trolling? Because you seem to be advocating dumping the newly hired pitching coach after 18 games. 18!

Why does every Brewer fan on here get offended when someone disagrees with this management? I didn't like the hire of a pitching coach with no major league experience. Yes it's only 18 games but pointing out that it's one of the worst 18 game pitching stretches ever for this franchise (and I've seen every one since 1970), is trolling or that bringing up the advantages of experience in an important job is out of line?? Really, the site is BrewerFAN.net, not blindsupportofbrewers.net.

I'm not ready to run Johnson out of town. We knew this staff was not going to be very good. Nelson looks awesome, but Peralta was already heading south last year, Anderson is probably no better than a #5, Davies and Jungmann have just gotten off to bad starts. I expect them to be better.

It's not like Kranitz was some guru like Cooper, Searage, Duncan.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

You knew the team was going to be bad this season. Everybody knew!

I don't understand what people get out of complaining about the obvious. Just sit back and enjoy the baseball without the stress of actually expecting the team to win. We're in a rebuilding year. (Granted basically all of our prospects are off to atrocious starts, but that's another story...)

Dumb thread. Briggs you could've made your point in another way. And don't give me this crap about blind support. It's a rebuilding year, yes, but people can disagree with movement while rebuilding too. But to go to the lengths of posts like this is flat out annoying. Does nothing. These boards are awesome but this stuff is disappointing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No worse than the other positive post thread filled with sarcastic "Only 1 game out of the wildcard" or "Peralta only can pitch every 5 days" daily updates.

If he wants his thread let him have it...he may be the only one appreciating it though.

While It's way to early to judge anyone I do think discussing the fact that Counsell hired someone with very little professional baseball experience is legitimate. Personally I think it's the perfect year to try something out of the box like this. He can learn the nuances of the job on a bad team and if he is really in over his head he can be replaced without too much being lost in the process. Low risk high reward. I don't think his ability to teach pitching is in question as much as is his understanding of how to handle a major league staff. I think that is something he can learn without hampering the young pitcher's progression. It's also way too early to make any judgments on how well the experiment is going. But Briggs isn't alone in that. People not named Briggs have been calling for moves to be made at several positions because of a handful of AB's for players in the majors and minors. I don't think any moves should be made for performance related reasons for a couple months at least.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Wily & Jungmann have been bad for a long time.... Your boy Kranitz failed to fix them last season. (Jungmann was brutal the 2nd half of his season) But let's forget about that completely

Chase Anderson is what he is..... Sorry Johnson in 2 months hasn't turned him into a sparkling ace that you must think he is capable of.... He's a #5, everyone & children who have heard of him know that. What are you expecting?

Davies is Davies.... I don't know how you are going to blame Johnson for a young kid getting called up & not pitching great. I think that's more Davies fault than anyone else. Kid throws as hard as a high school pitcher and is 100% reliant on pinpoint command of fastball/change up to stand a chance. When you are throwing 87-88mph over the plate, bad things happen.

Jimmy is our Ace.... But fire Johnson because he isn't elite enough yet right?

Maybe you should put some guys who actually touch the baseball first....

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Are you serious about these posts or are you just trolling? Because you seem to be advocating dumping the newly hired pitching coach after 18 games. 18!

Why does every Brewer fan on here get offended when someone disagrees with this management? I didn't like the hire of a pitching coach with no major league experience. Yes it's only 18 games but pointing out that it's one of the worst 18 game pitching stretches ever for this franchise (and I've seen every one since 1970), is trolling or that bringing up the advantages of experience in an important job is out of line?? Really, the site is BrewerFAN.net, not blindsupportofbrewers.net.

You really haven't liked much about anything the Brewers have done this year. I think this is more a reaction to your constant negativity and having unrealistic expectations for this year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
No worse than the other positive post thread filled with sarcastic "Only 1 game out of the wildcard" or "Peralta only can pitch every 5 days" daily updates.

If he wants his thread let him have it...he may be the only one appreciating it though.

The other thread is more or less tongue in cheek and also offers a place of refuge for what will most likely be a long season. Discussing the pitching coach and his merits or lack thereof is fine but there are probably better ways to do it than lauding the former coach (who had mediocre results at best) in the thread title.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived