Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-24 Phillies (Eickhoff) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5]

1992casey
Braun is just flat out dialed in. He looks like his MVP type years. I wonder if he'll try to start swiping bases or not. Haven't seen him run a lot so far.

Going back to last August Braun has been hitting around .340

Impressive. He's just so fun to watch when he's right. Special hitter.

.320+ hitters are a dying breed in this new age baseball that's for sure.

Pressley making his case for some more playing time.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

There is that "great" defense Domingo Santana has.

Not sure why he didn't slide to keep that one from rolling to the wall. Tough play with the ball spinning away towards the corner but he could've done more there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Good win today. Would've liked to win the home series but still a good win. On to those Cubbies.

There is that "great" defense Domingo Santana has.

Not sure why he didn't slide to keep that one from rolling to the wall. Tough play with the ball spinning away towards the corner but he could've done more there.

Santana has been caught be lazy multiple times this year. It was last week he caught a ball in very shallow right center and the runner scored easily when he should have never even tried to go home in the first place. However everyone could see Santana was being an idiot and not preparing for any kind of throw.

I like that Walsh is patient but his "approach" really isn't complicated. He won't swing until he gets to 2 strikes. I can't believe pitchers throw him anything that's not over the plate.

Sounds like Joe Mauer who automatically takes the first pitch of every AB. Lol

So a Peralta start with 0walks. And the Brewers had 0 walks. 19ks between the 2 teams. Begs the question. What's the most amount of Ks combined by both teams while neither records a BB?

I think someone will need a play index subscription to get the answer, but the answer is at least 34! (for a 9 inning game) because I can see there is 1 game in MLB history where both teams had 0 walks and at least 17 Ks.

So a Peralta start with 0walks. And the Brewers had 0 walks. 19ks between the 2 teams. Begs the question. What's the most amount of Ks combined by both teams while neither records a BB?

I think someone will need a play index subscription to get the answer, but the answer is at least 34! (for a 9 inning game) because I can see there is 1 game in MLB history where both teams had 0 walks and at least 17 Ks.

I thought there was a similar game last year. It may have been with 1 walk but I remember there being a game that was talked about for having so many strikeouts with so few walks. For some reason I feel like the Mets were involved. May have been extra innings too though.

Archived