Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-24 Phillies (Eickhoff) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/phillies.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 24 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Phillies (9-9) | Brewers (7-11)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/phillies_eickhoff-jerad-01.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_peralta-wily-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jerad Eickhoff[/pitcher][h2]1-2, 1.89 ERA, 1.00 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Since Eickhoff allowed six runs in four innings against the Red Sox in Boston on September 6, he is 3-2 with a 1.34 ERA in seven starts. He allowed two runs in seven innings Monday in a loss to the Mets.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]0-3, 8.35 ERA, 2.02 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Phillies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Through two innings on Tuesday, it appeared Peralta’s struggles would persist. But he escaped two bases-loaded, no-out jams with minimal damage and pitched into the sixth for what Wily called a confidence-building outing.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Odubel Herrera ®
  2. SS Freddy Galvis (S)
  3. 3B Maikel Franco ®
  4. 1B Ryan Howard (L)
  5. C Cameron Rupp ®
  6. 2B César Hernández (S)
  7. LF Emmanuel Burriss (S)
  8. RHP Jerad Eickhoff ®
  9. RF Peter Bourjos ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Wily Peralta ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Well at least we have our streak stopper on the rubber today.

On a more serious note, hopefully he can build on his last outing as it wasn't completely stinky.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Kirk Nieuwenhuis has such a horrible approach at the plate, and his swing is just ridiculous...Hard to believe he was at one time a highly ranked prospect.

EDIT: Now that I said that, he will probably go 3 for 4, with two 2B and a HR!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Kirk Nieuwenhuis has such a horrible approach at the plate, and his swing is just ridiculous...Hard to believe he was at one time a highly ranked prospect.

EDIT: Now that I said that, he will probably go 3 for 4, with two 2B and a HR!

He seems to really struggle with pitch recognition. Had some hopes for the guy but it has been pretty ugly so far.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

They are bent on Santana leading off. I'm not sure why, I mean I get that he's got a good on base clip but there are other guys that do as well where he can fill in the power spots.

I don't understand hitting Villar so low. He gets on base at such a high clip and is swinging a decent stick, who is going to drive him in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at 5-9. I think they are putting Villar there to break up the auto outs.

At least they seem to be mercifully ending the Flores era.

Craig likes having power at the top. The thought is to have the power guy ready to ambush a not ready pitcher right away before he can ease in with nonpower threat.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I don't understand hitting Villar so low. He gets on base at such a high clip and is swinging a decent stick, who is going to drive him in?

Look at 5-9. I think they are putting Villar there to break up the auto outs.

At least they seem to be mercifully ending the Flores era.

Usually Carter is our 5. He is far from an auto-out. Walks and extra base hits is what that man does.

I wish Santana was at 2 and 6. 2 vs. a lefty and 6 vs. a righty. Let Villar lead off as the switch hitter that gets on base.

Peralta with a great first inning. Gets 2 easy outs to start the 2nd...ground ball single....hit batter and then hanging slider to the pitcher. 1-0 Phillies.

3rd starts its infield single and the Peralta throws it away on a pickoff. Line drive single....2-0.

Apparently Brewer pitching will cure any bad offense.

Maldonado is Peralta's personal catcher. They've been working together to get Peralta figured out.

That hasn't worked out. Make Peralta be caught by Lucroy. Only great pitchers should be able to have a personal catcher.

Maldonado is Peralta's personal catcher. They've been working together to get Peralta figured out.

That hasn't worked out. Make Peralta be caught by Lucroy. Only great pitchers should be able to have a personal catcher.

He's pitching in his fifth game and Lucroy has caught two of those. He has a longer track record with Maldonado so it makes sense to use him, when it is convenient for Luc to rest up. I guess, why wouldn't you do it? Complain just to complain about something.

Peralta doing okay through 4 today. Let the confidence brew!

RYAN BRAAAAAUUUUUNNNNN!!!!! #5 on the season and this was a mash to right field.

Another extra base hit from Carter. Fun to watch.

Niewenhuis singles, Hill sac fly to score Carter and we are tied at 2 in the 4th.

With Manny Pina tearing up AAA ball and Maldonado not hitting (not many AB's yet) in the MLB, any chance we see a swap there at some point?

With Manny Pina tearing up AAA ball and Maldonado not hitting (not many AB's yet) in the MLB, any chance we see a swap there at some point?

None...honestly none.

Maldonado barely plays so it doesn't really matter, we pay him like a $1mil, and Maldonado catches Peralta.

Wily gets an out past the 5th inning for the fist time this season but then gives up back to back doubles to go down 4-2 and won't record a quality start. Brewers fewest in the NL I believe. Baby steps I guess..

Scooter smoked that ball. Another HR, 4-3!

Braun is just flat out dialed in. He looks like his MVP type years. I wonder if he'll try to start swiping bases or not. Haven't seen him run a lot so far.

Carter with another double. The guy just continues to keep on swatting em.

Braun is just flat out dialed in. He looks like his MVP type years. I wonder if he'll try to start swiping bases or not. Haven't seen him run a lot so far.

Going back to last August Braun has been hitting around .340

Going back to last August Braun has been hitting around .340

Impressive. He's just so fun to watch when he's right. Special hitter.

Archived