Brewer Fanatic

Lincecum?

They're not going to sign someone like Lincecum right now. They're going to give the guys on the roster a much longer leash than April 24th. Also, Garza comes back in a month or so. So right now the rotation is:

1. Nelson - the 'Ace' of this motley crew

2. Peralta - Will be given every chance to figure it out

3. Jungmann - Will be given every chance to figure it out

4. Anderson - Has had moderate success in the bigs, no reason to kick him to the curb after 4 starts, 2 of which were good.

5. Davies - If they boot him back to AAA they have options (Guerra, Cravy, etc.) they can use, but he's going to get more than 2 starts to show.

When Garza comes back Davies likely goes down, unless he's suddenly pitching lights out and they Peralta and/or Jungmann are still struggling. The reality is that spending a few million dollars on Lincecum isn't going to do anything for them anyway, outside of possibly bringing a return of prospect(s) at the deadline. Given Lincecum's stats the past 4 seasons (sub 100 ERA+) signing him would be flushing money away for a player who isn't an asset.

Sign Lincecum during the dog days of summer to put some butts in the seats for a few weeks at least...plus you would have increased revenue from merchandise and probably a bobble head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Sign Lincecum during the dog days of summer to put some butts in the seats for a few weeks at least...plus you would have increased revenue from merchandise and probably a bobble head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody is going to come to watch this version of Lincecum. Come on now, are we still thinking he's the 95 mph throwing Cy Young candidate?

I'd rather watch one of our younger guys go out there. At least you get to see the future that way. If you're heading out to the park to see this version of Lincecum, you're not a very intelligent baseball fan. He is a shell of his former self.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you're heading out to the park to see this version of Lincecum, you're not a very intelligent baseball fan.

We don't need that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Lincecum would serve no purpose on this team other than to cloud our plans for future rotation spots. When I see posts like this one, and the Sandoval thread, I have to wonder if everyone is aware that we are rebuilding, not trying to put "butts in the seats." I also don't think that guys like Lincecum and Panda would sell a single extra ticket. They are both shadows of their former selves.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The next few seasons have nothing to do with winning on the MLB level, its about stockpiling the farm with elite talent.

Lincecum wouldnt do that unless he can be rehabbed and flipped. Panda, IF the Brewers would be interested, would be to pick up prospects in exchange for taking on part of that disasterous contract, nothing more.

Turborickey, it's about buying low and selling high. I'd take a chance on anyone if I felt I could later turn them around into an asset. If Lincecum's workouts are bad, then don't give him a try. I'll bet some teams are happy they gave flameouts like Scott Kazmir, Jose Bautista, Nelson Cruz, Edwin Encarnacion, Carlos Gomez, Ryan Vogelsong, Colby Lewis, Jake Arrieta, et al an opportunity.

Archived