Brewer Fanatic

Oak Creek's Butler to Sign

For 4th round money, I would have been very surprised had Butler attended Arkansas. The good news is that next summer (unless he moves really quick this summer) we should all be able to watch him pitch for the T-Rats up in Apple-ton.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

a-p-p-l-e-t is a reserved word of somekind that is disabled.

But, you can still write out Appleton if you don't mind being creative. I simple use empty italic tags in the middle of the word.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Andy Kendigh on CH. 12 show some footage of Tony Butler signing with the Mariners today. His lead in went something like this, I'm paraphrasing, "Tony Butler signs with the mariners today in Oak Creek. The leftie is looking forward to making the brewers regret not picking him in the draft."

And then they interview Butler and he states, "Yeah it would have been great to sign with the brewers, the home town team, but now I'm just interesting in proving they made a mistake in signing that guy, I'm not going to say his name, the shortstop."

Is it just me or is this kid on another planet here. First, from everything I've read/heard the brewers were going to take him in the 3rd round, if he fell a few more spots, and they were very disappointed when the mariners took him before them. Second, Butler wasn't even picked in the second round, he was picked in the 3rd round, so if the brewers had taken him it's clear it would have been a reach. Why be mad at the brewers, be mad at every other major league team that didn't take you in the second round, inlcuding the Mariners.

Maybe i'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but the guy was talking like he was Reggie Bush getting passed up by the Texans. You're a 3rd round pick in a weak draft year. Come down to earth pal.

The Brewers had worked out a pre-draft deal for Butler in the 2nd round. I guess they had agreed on a number and eveything over the phone. When their pick came, they passed. This sort of thing does happen, but I don't blame the kid at all for being a little bitter.

To compare him to Reggie Bush is kinda silly...he's a great kid who felt like he got a little slighted. Maybe I wouldn't have brought it up in the news but you can't blame him for how he felt. He wanted to play for his hometown team. Can you blame him?

i think the brewers not taking him is a good thing. he will have much less pressure to succeed in seattle than he would have in miwaukee.

he would have been under a powerful microscope here...especially as a second round pick. best of luck

Archived