Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-023 Phillies (Morton) at Brewers (Anderson), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-6]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/phillies.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 23 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Phillies (8-9) | Brewers (7-10)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/phillies_morton-charlie-01.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-06.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Charlie Morton[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 3.86 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Morton has cruised in his last two starts. He pitched 6 scoreless innings on April 12 against San Diego and allowed one run in six innings Sunday against the Nationals. His breaking ball is working wonders against lefties.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 2.25 ERA, 1.31 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Phillies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Anderson surrendered no earned runs on eight hits over 11 innings in his first two starts, then he was touched for five runs (four earned) on 11 hits in five innings in Minnesota on Monday. He’ll look to get back on track at home.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Odubel Herrera ®
  2. SS Freddy Galvis (S)
  3. 3B Maikel Franco ®
  4. 1B Ryan Howard (L)
  5. LF Darin Ruf ®
  6. C Carlos Ruiz ®
  7. RF Tyler Goeddel ®
  8. RHP Charlie Morton ®
  9. 2B César Hernández (S)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  7. 3B Colin Walsh (S)
  8. RF Alex Presley (L)
  9. RHP Chase Anderson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It is going to be a rough offensive season if they can't figure out 6-8 in their lineup. In the NL you pretty much already have an automatic out at #9 and if 6-8 are only a step above that, scoring runs is going to be a huge challenge.

We need a guy like Walsh to figure it out or to bring up Cecchini if he starts having a little more pop in his bat. Centerfield I am pretty much giving up on but 3B there might be hope with one of these guys.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tough for Walsh to "figure it out" if he never plays...

We need him to go 3 for 4 tonight so it forces CC's hand into playing him. About the only way he'll continue to get the nod.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anderson walked the line that inning but escaped with no harm. Hopefully our offense is ready to go today.

That was a weird fall. I'm guessing ACL as well.

If Braun continues to mash(and mostly injury free) it will be interesting to see if they truly "would love to trade him" like what was reported in the offseason. Because hitting like this(and mostly injury free) he could easily become a valuable commodity.

Then again hitting like this they might not be dying to trade him like they supposably were. Will be interesting to watch come July if things continue to go well with him.

If Braun continues mashing like he's healthy I want him on our club. There's not many in the game that hit like him when he's healthy

If Braun continues mashing like he's healthy I want him on our club. There's not many in the game that hit like him when he's healthy

It would be a difficult decision but if Brauns' trade value is sky high at the deadline I can't see how a rebuilding team with so many holes could just deny the potential return. Can't forget Braun is in his age 33 year, he's not part of the future.

It would be a difficult decision but if Brauns' trade value is sky high at the deadline I can't see how a rebuilding team with so many holes could just deny the potential return. Can't forget Braun is in his age 33 year, he's not part of the future.

If Big Papi can stay highly productive until 40, I'll take a shot on Braun. Especially when he could make the move to 1B with our depth being in the OF.

Anderson doing his best to rile up the Wagner fans. Can have leading walks and full counts to batters on a constant basis.

The Brewers still have to put butts in the seats. I understand the rebuild, but getting rid of Braun seems like a bad idea. If he's not there, what motivates fans to come to the park, and spend their money? There are some guys on the team now/on the way with real potential, but Braun is still one of the best hitters in the game when healthy, and watching him launch balls into the seats makes losing more acceptable. Without him there, the fun factor decreases greatly, and I'm not so sure that attendance doesn't plummet.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Honestly I don't think people go to games to watch Braun. The team sucks...a lot. Braun does not dramatically change that. If people are going to Brewers games this year it is to watch baseball. Not to watch Braun.

Attendance would not plummet and trading Braun wouldn't cost us $100mil over the next 5 years. Phillips/Arcia or someone else will soon be here to be the next great thing and fans will quickly forget about Braun.

Honestly I don't think people go to games to watch Braun. The team sucks...a lot. Braun does not dramatically change that. If people are going to Brewers games this year it is to watch baseball. Not to watch Braun.

Attendance would not plummet and trading Braun wouldn't cost us $100mil over the next 5 years. Phillips/Arcia or someone else will soon be here to be the next great thing and fans will quickly forget about Braun.

There are plenty of baseball fans that still love to watch Braun hit and love the fact that he could be a Brewer for life. He could be a figure in the next wave of talent coming up and be a key player for this team still.

Lol, Aaron Hill almost the hero. So close.

Gah, really?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived