Brewer Fanatic

Tyler Cravy to AAA; OF Alex Presley called up.

1992casey

Reed is already on the 40 man. Bringing up Presley would require they drop someone. I'd rather see Reed or Taylor. Taylor would require a 40 man move too, but he's eventually going to get a spot anyway.

Bring up Presley to replace Nieuwenhuis at some point? Absolutely.

No reason for Reed to be up and playing CF everyday for this club. He's not a CF and to some of us, we value some defense out there. The Brewers aren't playing bad baseball right now and are competing. No reason to throw in the towel on the season and stick a guy out there that doesn't belong being out there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No reason for Reed to be up and playing CF everyday for this club. He's not a CF and to some of us, we value some defense out there. The Brewers aren't playing bad baseball right now and are competing. No reason to throw in the towel on the season and stick a guy out there that doesn't belong being out there.

I don't think Reed could do any worse than anyone else they've had in CF so far. If defense is a concern than Broxton should have been called back up. Would have saved the option on him too.

I don't think Reed could do any worse than anyone else they've had in CF so far. If defense is a concern than Broxton should have been called back up. Would have saved the option on him too.

Flores and Presley aren't really CF either. Nieuwenhuis is okay defensively there but his swing has some big holes. The problem is not just CF, but every time Counsell wants to rest Braun it's an issue. The drop off is huge and leaves the lineup very vulnerable.

But if they want defense and better offense than Broxton provided, why not jump Taylor up from AA and see what he can do? We know he can't do worse than Broxton.

But if they want defense and better offense than Broxton provided, why not jump Taylor up from AA and see what he can do? We know he can't do worse than Broxton.

Sorry man, I think everyone discussed this one already. I think most would be okay with seeing Taylor later in the year if he is producing this year. He hasn't hit well enough at the level he is at to warrant a promotion. Promoting him could really stun any growth that he is going to have, and then what? Another prospect busted. Let him get going at the level he is at and get consistent before we do anything with him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If defense is a concern than (sic) Broxton should have been called back up. Would have saved the option on him too.

yes, broxton's option would not have been burned, but he has to remain in the minor leagues for a minimum of ten days before he can be recalled again. the only exemption would be if broxton was replacing a player placed on the disabled list (possible that the paternity or bereavement list would allow for that recall exemption as well).

I think most would be okay with seeing Taylor later in the year if he is producing this year.

No, I don't think most would like to see Taylor up this year no matter what. If he does start hitting, he could be called up to AAA later this year. No reason whatsoever to promote him to MLB from AA if he has a couple hot months hitting the baseball. It just doesn't make any sense for the Brewers or Tyrone Taylor. In fact, I think we'll see Roache in AAA before Taylor.

Dropping a pitcher for an outfielder is a bit of a head scratcher especially when that OF is another left handed hitting center fielder. It's like they said, "You know, Kirk and Ramon are struggling. Let's bring up another mediocre version of those guys and see what happens."

I think that's exactly what they're saying. Interesting though after Flores finally had a really good night at the plate. I think each of those guys needs to start every game for 2-3 weeks before they start playing other AAAA outfielders.

I think most would be okay with seeing Taylor later in the year if he is producing this year.

No, I don't think most would like to see Taylor up this year no matter what. If he does start hitting, he could be called up to AAA later this year. No reason whatsoever to promote him to MLB from AA if he has a couple hot months hitting the baseball. It just doesn't make any sense for the Brewers or Tyrone Taylor. In fact, I think we'll see Roache in AAA before Taylor.

I was thinking more of a September call up if he was mashing in AA. I don't think that is too far out there thinking.

I would have brought up Reed as the RH bat already on the 40-man, but Presley and Kirk N. were brought in as guys who might bring something, but could be cut without remorse if they fail, so I'm not upset with this move. Give him some time to see what he can do, and let him go if he doesn't perform (same as Kirk).

This frees up the minor league OF logjam, and I'd rather see the real prospects getting everyday play in the minors than veteran "insurance" like Young and Presley. I'd love for Flores to heat up, as he's the only prospect of the three guys now on the MLB roster, but I really just hope someone plays well enough to "keep the spot warm" for the year until Phillips takes over next season. With Presley out of the way, Phillips or Roache should be able to move up to AAA and get everyday PT there, and Coulter can make the move to AA.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tyrone Taylor is struggling to carry a .300 OBP at AA, and is in his age 22 season. There is absolutely no sense is starting to burn up his service time in a lost season and most likely watching him struggle to hit the mendoza line against major league pitching.

Dropping a pitcher for an outfielder is a bit of a head scratcher especially when that OF is another left handed hitting center fielder. It's like they said, "You know, Kirk and Ramon are struggling. Let's bring up another mediocre version of those guys and see what happens."

It would of been nice if the Brewers selected the guy that the Orioles took in the rule 5. Guy can play all OF positions and is hitting pretty well for them.

Tyrone Taylor is struggling to carry a .300 OBP at AA, and is in his age 22 season. There is absolutely no sense is starting to burn up his service time in a lost season and most likely watching him struggle to hit the mendoza line against major league pitching.

Willie Mays Hayes couldn't hit but he did all right in the bigs. Won a ring I believe.

Archived