Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-19 Brewers (Peralta) at Twins (Santana), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

1992casey
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it a little interesting the way Counsel used Blazek there. Blazek has been the primary setup man (8th inning guy) but here we have a situation in the 6th with 2 on and no one out in a 3 run game, a high leverage spot, and Counsel uses Blazek instead of a (6th inning guy) like Torres or Boyer.

I like the direction this team is going in, I really do. Decision making and approach has come a long way since the Yost, Macha, Roenicke days.

What's unfortunate? (Sorry, no TV or audio)

Nothing as of yet. Wily let on the first two runners in the 6th but there's now 2 out and runners at the corners. No damage yet. Blazek on.

Blazek gets them out of it. Headed to the 7th with a 5-2 lead.

Got it, thanks. Just regular Wily stuff. Thought maybe a a couple crazy errors or something. Looks like crisis averted, for now.

67 mph on that pitch. You don't see that too often.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I find it a little interesting the way Counsel used Blazek there. Blazek has been the primary setup man (8th inning guy) but here we have a situation in the 6th with 2 on and no one out in a 3 run game, a high leverage spot, and Counsel uses Blazek instead of a (6th inning guy) like Torres or Boyer.

I like the direction this team is going in, I really do. Decision making and approach has come a long way since the Yost, Macha, Roenicke days.

He flip-flopped Blazek and Thornburg in the Pirate opener. Thornburg is now the primary setup man.

Love Uecker, grew up my whole life listening to him on the radio....but frustrating sometimes when a HR is hit and he doesn't announce the score. Have it on in the background...not really listening to every play...so was not sure if that last HR had tied it up or not. Took him about 2 minutes after the HR to say its all tied up.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Counsell fails to amaze me. I hope we can find a good manager once this team is on the upswing to competing.

What did he do?

Yeah...what did he do? I like Counsell.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Counsell fails to amaze me. I hope we can find a good manager once this team is on the upswing to competing.

What did he do?

Thornburg gives up a bomb(OK), a single(umm...), then a HR to tie the game(oh great)...then he still leaves him in and nearly gives up a third HR.

I mean I don't know what the goal is here. Clearly Thornburg was not doing well and not taking him out after the second HR is a bit ridiculous. Seemed like he was really set on Thornburg to go the entire inning even if he gave up 10 runs.

Archived