Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-19 Brewers (Peralta) at Twins (Santana), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

1992casey
I have heard some say our record is misleading...but do you realize we are on pace for a 62-100 season? Our record is actually really bad, but it look a lot better than it is because we are only 3 games under .500

And if we win today we'll be on pace for a 69-93 season. Win tomorrow as well and we're on pace for a 76-86 season. Extrapolation is pretty meaningless this early in the season.

Didn't say it wasn't. Just commenting on what I have seen some people say...that a 5-8 record is to some degree a solid record. Which I would have to say it isn't.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Peralta is capable of a great outing on any given day. Maybe today is that day! Wait....sorry...thought this was the Positive thread.

If he pitches his usual "bad" game, should the Brewers make a change? There might not be any possible change to make accept releasing the guy. I wouldn't feel bad if they did release the guy. Now moving him to the pen might be the best thing if Peralta would be up to that.

There is a 0% chance that the Brewers would flat out release Peralta at this point.

I applaud Walsh for not going out of the zone on that last pitch. That is ball four and he should never swing at that pitch, ever. You can do nothing with a pitch 3 inches off the plate and possibly low. Sometimes umpires just suck.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't understand having a shift on in that situation. Took away a possibility of a double play ball
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If you can't get lefties out today, you just suck. That's now Mauer and Walsh where I have seen pitches called 3-5 inches off the plate called strikes. Hit a spot and its over.

At some point I feel bad Peralta. Brewers just throw him out there and act like he can just right the ship with time. His command is way off and even his velocity is pretty questionable throughout a game. Something is just not right with him. Peralta isn't this bad.

Braun is swinging a nice bat of late. Hope that continues. (and no, not to be traded)

Peralta is worthless.

IF he doesn't lose this game, he will blow up the pen. We just got a break yesterday without having to use it, now Peralta will make a mess out of it - 43 pitches in two innings. Do the Math!

Its April, they have a full pen and the DH. I wouldn't sweat it. Worse case they use a guy for 4 innings and rest him a bit.

Archived