Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-19 Brewers (Peralta) at Twins (Santana), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 19 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (5-8) | Twins (4-9)[/h2][h3]FSWI, MLBN (out of market) | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/twins.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_peralta-wily-07.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/twins_santana-ervin-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]0-3, 10.13 ERA, 2.10 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Twins | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta will take a fourth crack at his first win of the season. In his most recent outing on Thursday in St. Louis, he allowed seven hits and five earned runs over seven innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Ervin Santana[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 3.00 ERA, 1.33 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Santana recovered from a tough start to go seven innings with three runs allowed in a loss to the White Sox last Thursday. He has given up five runs in 15 innings over three starts this season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Colin Walsh (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. DH Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  7. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  8. RF Ramon Flores (L)
  9. C Martin Maldonado ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Eduardo Nunez ®
  2. 2B Brian Dozier ®
  3. DH Joe Mauer (L)
  4. RF Miguel Sano ®
  5. LF Oswaldo Arcia (L)
  6. 1B Byung-ho Park ®
  7. SS Eduardo Escobar (S)
  8. C John Ryan Murphy ®
  9. CF Byron Buxton ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that was one way to save on the bullpen. Should be all rested up for Peralta's start today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Some old school stats for you:

Runs scored: 43 (20th)

Runs Given Up: 75 (29th)

Pythagorean W/L: 3-10

Team batting average: .215 (27th)

Team ERA: 5.40 (29th)

Fielding Pct: .975 (28th)

WOOF!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Milwaukee Brewers are 2nd in the NL in BB%.

The MILWAUKEE BREWERS!

By Comparison, from 2012 until 2015, they finished 11th, Last, 10th and 11th.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

WOOF!

What you call WOOF I call all part of the plan. ;) You'll be thanking me in June 2017 for showing you the awesomeness of the 2016 season.

I find it comical that Walsh is batting lead off today. A guy that can't (for some reason) get any playing time finally gets a start and he's leading off. Go get em Walsh. Please hit so we don't have to see Hill play anymore.

WOOF!

What you call WOOF I call all part of the plan. ;) You'll be thanking me in June 2017 for showing you the awesomeness of the 2016 season.

Naw. I'm on board with a rebuild but I also think there is a way to do it and still be competitive. There is some talent on this ball club that is not doing their part. We can acquire talent in many different ways, and we have, other than trying to get top draft picks.

I have heard some say our record is misleading...but do you realize we are on pace for a 62-100 season? Our record is actually really bad, but it look a lot better than it is because we are only 3 games under .500

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have heard some say our record is misleading...but do you realize we are on pace for a 62-100 season? Our record is actually really bad, but it look a lot better than it is because we are only 3 games under .500

Well yes, 5-8 is bad, and projected out it's bad. But the pyth 3-10 is REALLY bad, projected out would be 37 wins. D:

Well yes, 5-8 is bad, and projected out it's bad. But the pyth 3-10 is REALLY bad, projected out would be 37 wins. D:

I think his point is 5-8 still projects to 62-100. Yes the Pythag is worse but the stats (.215 BA, 5.40 ERA, etc etc etc) all say 100 losses any way you slice it.

If you are a glass half full guy, the team has played some good teams so maybe when Phil and Atlanta come to town things will look up.

Pythagorean W/L is pretty misleading as it is...and this many games in the season pretty pointless.

Peralta is capable of a great outing on any given day. Maybe today is that day! Wait....sorry...thought this was the Positive thread.

If he pitches his usual "bad" game, should the Brewers make a change? There might not be any possible change to make accept releasing the guy. I wouldn't feel bad if they did release the guy. Now moving him to the pen might be the best thing if Peralta would be up to that.

Brewers Live is pretty bad, but I think they just put "Yuniesky Betancourt" and "Top Talent" in the same graphic.

Yeah, I caught a bit of that segment - like 10 seconds worth, but they were talking about great Cuban players and Mentioned Yun-E.

haven't checked the weather..... is it raining in Minnesota? Hoping they this game in

Weather should be fine...very low chance of rain at 3pm. It is an afternoon game. It will get in eventually if a rainstorm pops up. Lots of time to sit around.

And if we win today we'll be on pace for a 69-93 season. Win tomorrow as well and we're on pace for a 76-86 season. Extrapolation is pretty meaningless this early in the season.

Archived