Brewer Fanatic

Former Brewer draft picks re-drafted

I noticed that unsigned Brewer picks Deik Scram (45th round 2004) signed with the Tigers, Kanekoa Texeira (31st round 2004) signed with the White Sox and Garrett Bussiere (14th round 2003) signed with the Cardinals.

Scram moved up to the 18th round this year, Texeira made a smaller jump to the 23rd, and Bussiere fell to the 26th round.

Others I found-

Andrew Bailey (16th round 2005)- 6th round to the A's

Brent Allar (11th round 2005)- 14th round to the Orioles

Patrick Murray (31st round 2005)- 45th round to the Phillies

Ty Pryor (27th round 2004)- 26th round to the Indians

Daryl Maday (43rd round 2003)- 30th round to the Giants

Jarrad Page (5th round 2002)- 7th round to the Angels

Brian Hernandez (11th round 2002)- 19th round to the Padres

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nice work, mls4.

I've been meaning to post about Jarrad Page, the kid who chose to play safety for UCLA football, and was drafted in the 7th round by the Kansas City Chiefs -- wonder where he'd be today in the Brewers system had he signed out of high school.

I really wanted to see Andrew Bailey, the RHP out of Wagner University, signed last summer prior to his senior year.

Let's hope there's not another Nomar Garciaparra or Matt Morris (former Brewer draft picks) in that group.

Page and Bailey- those were the names that stood out to me as well.

Anyone know if Page is going to sign or play football?

Edit: If I remember correctly, Jarrad has posted here before- maybe he can answer that himself.

Archived