Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-16 Brewers (Jungmann) at Pirates (Niese), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 16 | 6:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (5-5) | Pirates (5-6)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/pirates.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers//brewers_jungmann-taylor-06.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/pirates_niese-jon-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 11.57 ERA, 2.00 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann is coming off a two inning stint at St. Louis in which he surrendered eight earned runs on eight hits, seven for extra bases. That was one shy of the record for extra base hits allowed by a Brewers starter.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jonathon Niese[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 5.73 ERA, 1.09 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Niese picked up his first win of the season after allowing four runs (three earned) against the Tigers on Monday. Niese has been working on leaning back and keeping his release straighter, and it paid off in Detroit.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. CF Ramón Flores (L)
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 1B John Jaso (L)
  2. CF Andrew McCutchen ®
  3. 3B David Freese ®
  4. LF Starling Marté ®
  5. C Francisco Cervelli ®
  6. RF Gregory Polanco (L)
  7. 2B Josh Harrison ®
  8. SS Jordy Mercer ®
  9. LHP Jon Niese (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm looking forward to seeing Jungmann get back on the mound after his forgettable outing against the Cardinals. If he stinks again I might transition into panic mode for him. I'm already way past that for Peralta. I know it's early, but I'm emotional.

I'm emotional.

First step is admitting the problem.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Part of throwing out runners is also on the pitcher...

Oh stop. No kidding it is but Maldonado has no issues. Luc has bad fundamentals when throwing and teams know it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Cervelli rubs me the wrong way. Just something about him.

Flood gates might be opening..

Part of throwing out runners is also on the pitcher...

Oh stop. No kidding it is but Maldonado has no issues. Luc has bad fundamentals when throwing and teams know it.

Umm, okay.

Maldy is a better defender. Luc is probably average throwing runners out, but Maldy is better.

Another game where you just flat out cannot win no matter what pitching you get. Impossible to win scoring zero runs. Had a few chances but couldn't get the big hits. This lineup might be missing one more big bat. Luc is not a cleanup hitter.

Another game where you just flat out cannot win no matter what pitching you get. Impossible to win scoring zero runs. Had a few chances but couldn't get the big hits. This lineup might be missing one more big bat. Luc is not a cleanup hitter.

Seems like it might be time to adjust the lineup. Carter or Braun probably fit better right now in the cleanup spot.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived