Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-15 Brewers (Nelson) at Pirates (Locke), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-4; Braun homers twice; Brewers walk 10 times]

1992casey
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder who holds the record for most steals without recording a hit(not including pinch running). Broxton might have a shot.

Not sure about pinch running, but the answer is "Hurricane" Herb Washington, 31 SB 0 H

Plus these Brewers:

Mel Stocker, 4 SB 0 H

Greg Martinez, 2 SB 0 H

Broxton, now up to 3 SB 0 H

Wow Washington never even had 1 PA, so all 31 were as a pinch runner. Some of the others on the list at least have some PAs

I wonder who holds the record for most steals without recording a hit(not including pinch running). Broxton might have a shot.

Not sure about pinch running, but the answer is "Hurricane" Herb Washington, 31 SB 0 H

Plus these Brewers:

Mel Stocker, 4 SB 0 H

Greg Martinez, 2 SB 0 H

Broxton, now up to 3 SB 0 H

Wow Washington never even had 1 PA, so all 31 were as a pinch runner. Some of the others on the list at least have some PAs

And the dude has a World Series ring. He has more rings than plate appearances. His postseason stats...2 caught stealings

Wow walking Gennett as a LHP, either (more likely) the Pirates have no clue about his career vs LHP stats or now they think he is much improved vs lefties. Now taking him out against the pitcher with his spot coming up 3rd next inning?

Wow walking Gennett as a LHP, either (more likely) the Pirates have no clue about his career vs LHP stats or now they think he is much improved vs lefties. Now taking him out against the pitcher with his spot coming up 3rd next inning?

I support walkking him because he is still a MLB player. He isn't totally incompetent. However the pitching change was an interesting choice.

I support walkking him because he is still a MLB player. He isn't totally incompetent. However the pitching change was an interesting choice.

Down by 3 that is a pretty conservative move. I would have gone after Scooter with the lefty to have the pitcher lead off the next inning

Jimmy getting screwed by a poor decision/horrible throw. All three runs are marked as earned. Not right.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Great he gets on base more .362OB just to clog the basepath in front of McCutchen. When he does get on base over 77% of the time he's clogging 1b on potential XBH for McCutchen. Polanco had a .320OB last season his 1st full year. So for .04OB you bat him 5/6 vs leadoff? I'd think the runs differential for Jaso at leadoff over Polanco at 5/6 would amount to a negative due to the lesser ABs Polanco sees, SBs he'd be able to get over Jaso, but scoring from 1b or 2b on hits Jaso wouldn't.

I can't believe no one touched this post from earlier. I didn't realize Dusty Baker posted here.

Archived