Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-15 Brewers (Nelson) at Pirates (Locke), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-4; Braun homers twice; Brewers walk 10 times]

1992casey
Nelson pitching well again. Nice to see it being repeated early this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good AB from Villar there. Thatta way! 2-0!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hopefully we don't miss out on the tack on run. Dang it Luc.

Chris Carters patience is worth the $2.5 mil alone.

I would be pretty patient to when I know I am not going to get a strike. Kind of obvious he was going to get nothing to hit with the pitch...I mean Hill behind him.

I would be pretty patient to when I know I am not going to get a strike. Kind of obvious he was going to get nothing to hit with the pitch...I mean Hill behind him.

Hill is swinging a wet noodle up there. Rivers and Walsh need to start getting some PT there.

I'd like to see Haudricourt ask Gennett if he's actually changed his approach. Granted, it's very small sample, but he's increased his walk rate about 4 times what would be expected.

Broxton, come on man. Gotta put the dang ball in play at least.

Santana comes through, 3-0! I love seeing that pitch count in the 70's in the 4th.

I'd like to see Haudricourt ask Gennett if he's actually changed his approach. Granted, it's very small sample, but he's increased his walk rate about 4 times what would be expected.

See I have always thought of Gennett as a pretty selective guy at the plate. He has always shown to have long at-bats and watch pitches from time to time. For whatever reason that just never translated into any walks. Probably too much swinging on first pitches.

Clearly something in his head has clicked because he already has 5 walks and last year he only had 12.

Hopefully whoever wants Lucroy won't care that he's flat out lousy on catching stealers. Terrible mechanics. Terrible. Lucky that Marte thought he was Gomez for a second.

Archived