Brewer Fanatic

Blaine Boyer is a stand up guy

jjfanec

A story came out yesterday about Adam Laroche and his retirement. In the piece it talks about how he and Blaine Boyer spent part of the off season in Southeast Asia helping rescue young girls from sex-trafficking. Pretty cool to see professional athletes not just giving money but being a part of the work.

http://m.startribune.com/ex-twin-blaine-boyer-went-undercover-in-asia-to-help-sex-slaves/375605091/

There is quite a bit out there about how these organizations may actually do more harm than good. Here's one:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/07/22/the-new-abolitionists-mexico-dominican-republic-human-trafficking-mormon-our/

I think it would be much better stated that they dont do as much good as they could. More harm than good is hard to prove. The detractors seem to swing to as negative of a view as possible. Sure if they "rescue" so women only to drop them off just down the street that would be bad. But knowing a few of these organizations that is most definitely not what they do. Most them have schools and safe houses for the women where they are able to receive counseling and learn a trade/get schooling. IJM who is mentioned somewhat disparagingly here does so much wot work with local governments and judicial systems to increase enforcement and the better the judicial process.

I am sticking with the idea that Boyer is a stand up guy. He doesnt seem like he was doing this for notoriety and if my daughter ever got trafficked I would want people out there trying to free her from it.

Archived