Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-14 Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (García), 12:45 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-0; García one-hits Brewers]

1992casey
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one thinking Broxton is overmatched in the big leagues? It's not this game or the fact he's 0 for the season, but his AB's simply are not good.

Definitely not alone. I am not giving up on the kid, but he needs some time in AAA to get some confidence back. I think we could see Michael Reed by the time the Crew hits Pittsburgh.

Agreed. Broxton is still young and has options. Let him get some more playing time and confidence in AAA for now.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Reed sure looks like a much better option than either Broxton or Flores and yet he hasn't played at all in CF?

I wonder what that is about.

Maybe he's not any good at CF? You can't just make players what they aren't.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Reed sure looks like a much better option than either Broxton or Flores and yet he hasn't played at all in CF?

Well we know he can play some CF and while he might not be a good defender there he wont be an embarrassment. The guy is an OF, its not like we are asking him to play 3B.

Broxton and Flores (who is also not a natural CF) are a combined 3-29 with no XBH, 2 walks and 15 Ks. Yes its early, and obviously the Brewers will give them every possible chance, but Id think Reed has more to offer than either of those two.

He may be, he may not be but we shouldn't be playing Eric Young Jr. in CF over him. He's never going to get better playing a position if he never gets to play it and when the guy playing CF over him is a career AAAA scrub, it makes no sense.

Archived