Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-14 Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (García), 12:45 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-0; García one-hits Brewers]

1992casey
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time for Peralta to head to AAA or AA to "work" on things. Even though from the looks of things, Peralta wouldn't know what hard work actually is.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bring up Davies and Junior Guerra and send Peralta packing for awhile. He's just awful. There's no sugar coating it right now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Peralta is capable of pulling a gem out if his butt on any given start.

I guess today isn't one of those given starts.

Just about any pitcher in organized baseball is capable of pulling a gem out his butt in any given start even against guys at higher levels. But when your non-gems are what we've seen from Peralta for 3 straight starts, it's time to stop trotting him out there every 5th day.

Pitching against the Cardinals at home is not a very good barometer of a mediocre pitcher, they clobber everyone. I'd let him face the @Twins and vsPhillies and if there are no positive signs against those two teams I'd send him down.

Having played many many years of fantasy baseball so being forced to really pay attention to these things, loads of pitchers have awful Aprils every year so I'm a bit more patient than most with a bad start.

Just about any pitcher in organized baseball is capable of pulling a gem out his butt in any given start even against guys at higher levels. But when your non-gems are what we've seen from Peralta for 3 straight starts, it's time to stop trotting him out there every 5th day.

I understand, but my post was in this IGT specific to today's game. As in "Yes, he sucks, but he did throw a few great games last year when we least expected it, so you never know."

I'm open to any and all ideas for Peralta in general. Put him in the pen. Send him to AAA. Not pitcher friendly? Too bad, figure it out. It's a rebuilding year, so it's not like he's ruining any chances of anything. But you just can't have two guys in your rotation that can't get through 3 innings start after start. Young players can't develop if they're down 8-0 consistently.

But hey, that's what this season is for. Figure out who is part of the future, and who is not.

How does Lucroy not see that the runners passed each other on the home run? I mean he was looking right at them

Part of his devious plan to get out of Milwaukee.

I understand, but my post was in this IGT specific to today's game. As in "Yes, he sucks, but he did throw a few great games last year when we least expected it, so you never know."

I'm open to any and all ideas for Peralta in general. Put him in the pen. Send him to AAA. Not pitcher friendly? Too bad, figure it out. It's a rebuilding year, so it's not like he's ruining any chances of anything. But you just can't have two guys in your rotation that can't get through 3 innings start after start. Young players can't develop if they're down 8-0 consistently.

But hey, that's what this season is for. Figure out who is part of the future, and who is not.

Also what kind of message does it send to other guys on the team? At sole point results have to matter .....even in a rebuilding year.

It's different if a guy has a long term contract or a long track record of success but Peralta doesn't fall into either category.

If Peralta is sent down hopefully he could work on things to get better and the Brewers could gain another year of control if he stays down for over a month. Plus if Guerra shows something in the majors then maybe he could be an asset at the trade deadline.

Boy, this game really has a feeling of a no-hitter.

It sure would be okay that Molina is the reason to lose a perfect game.

Am I the only one thinking Broxton is overmatched in the big leagues? It's not this game or the fact he's 0 for the season, but his AB's simply are not good.

You are not alone. I hope Niewenhuis/Flores start to get most of the reps out there. Broxton looks like a guy that needs time in the minors.

Am I the only one thinking Broxton is overmatched in the big leagues? It's not this game or the fact he's 0 for the season, but his AB's simply are not good.

Definitely not alone. I am not giving up on the kid, but he needs some time in AAA to get some confidence back. I think we could see Michael Reed by the time the Crew hits Pittsburgh.

You are not alone. I hope Niewenhuis/Flores start to get most of the reps out there. Broxton looks like a guy that needs time in the minors.

Flores' minor league splits are good vs. LHP too. Maybe send Broxton out and elevate Reed who's off to a solid start.

The silver lining.. sort of... is that no matter how awful Peralta pitches, you cannot win the game with zero runs.

Reed needs to stay at AAA unless they want to give him full time at-bats.

This is a great point. I think he might get the call, but I don't want him splitting time if he does. Although, it still blows my mind they are playing the likes of EYJ over him in CF at Colorado Springs.

Archived