Brewer Fanatic

Ball & Glove Coming Back Full Time?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah the blue Milwaukee jersey was/is the road alternative and the blue Brewers jersey was/is the home alternative. I have a blue Brewers jersey and I honestly don't even know if they wear it or not.

I think I I have finally figured out why I don't particularly like this new uniform(outside of it being the blue jersey).

Imagine yourself walking through the concourses of Miller Park and off in the distance is the New Era hat stand. As your get closer you see EVERY logo on EVERY possible color combination known to mankind. That's honestly probably where the idea for this uniform came from.

• 1 month later...
I really wish the Brewers would just admit once and for all the the ball and glove logo is the best and go to it full time. I don't watch the games as I'm not in Wisconsin, but I saw the Braves series and they wore the logo every game. From pics and highlights, I know they've worn it a lot this year. Just give in already and make it the primary logo.

I would assume that these uniforms are kind of signaling the end of an era for the current uniforms. Personally I hope take a Blue Jays-esque approach to a re brand and refine the old look with a few tweaks. I hope the pinstripes come back though in some capacity.

this is very strange, they wear these jerseys 75% of the time. I do not think any baseball team has worn an alternate that much more than than their standard uniforms.

My theory is that the brewers wanted to change to the ball and glove, but didn't want to wait whatever waiting period MLB requires for a logo change, but was told they could create a new alternate uniform. That doesn't make total sense though because its not like the blue jays or astros introduced a modified retro alternate a year before the complete change, doesn't get the same effect as just doing everything at once.

I like the ball and glove with the new color scheme, but hope that they keep the barley and M too (even though they barely wear it). I think their uniforms now are really great all in all. Leave the pin stripes for retro fridays.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I still prefer the royal and yellow ball and glove logo myself but like having both shades of blue, with one to be designated to use as an alternate (like the Rays do with the navy and baby blue).

I am also hopeful for the re-branding in the form of the Blue Jays and Astros. A modernization of the ball and glove, be it royal or navy, and pinstripes would be a nice way to move forward. While I like the navy ball and glove, there is something off for me with the combination of it with the current Brewers script.

Ready for the total re-boot.

Pitchers typically pick the uniform for the game they start. I know the Brewers still practice this because of them wearing the BP uniforms last year all the time and sometimes the retro would pop up on a day other than Friday.

The fact they have worn them so much is just due to the players liking them.

I think that multiple uniform options are here to stay. Fans and players seem to like having choices. I'd liken this to a favorite food. If it were all you ate, you'd become bored, and it'd stop being your favorite.

I'd like to know why the players are picking this jersey/cap combo. Is it the logo, the blue, the script, the fact that it says "Milwaukee," or something else?

It does seem that we're seeing the Ball & Glove more and more often. It's the logo used on the Miller Park scoreboard too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

if the players like them, wouldn't it make sense to switch full time then?

Well...I don't think so. In this era uniforms and all that fun stuff is just a big marketing gig. All about the money. It isn't like it makes the players perform better so them liking them isn't really a huge deal.

Alternate blues - 16

This can be broken down further:

Alternate blues (Milwaukee script / MB logo) - 14

Alternate blues (Brewers script / barley logo) - 2

Have we seen these uniforms before? They weren't mentioned on the TV broadcast at all.

braun1.jpg davies.jpg

perez1.jpg perez4.jpg

villar2.jpg

The upside to the lettering is that it's readable from the Loge level.

But yeah, my first thought when I saw the uniforms last night was that they looked like batting practice uniforms. I'm not surprised that they actually are. They're a little far out for frequent game usage.

Archived