Brewer Fanatic

Ball & Glove Coming Back Full Time?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Powder Blue...is never...ever...coming back.

I think the powder blue really works with the Brewers' 80's set, much like it does the Royals' current unis, as long as it's updated and modernized a bit. I think it looks great when done right, and really like the Royals' and Rays' looks with it. That said, I can totally understand those that don't feel the same way, and totally agree that most of the old, clashing powder blue set (Twins, Cards, Phillies, etc) were hideous.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I think the powder blue really works with the Brewers' 80's set, much like it does the Royals' current unis, as long as it's updated and modernized a bit. I think it looks great when done right, and really like the Royals' and Rays' looks with it. That said, I can totally understand those that don't feel the same way, and totally agree that most of the old, clashing powder blue set (Twins, Cards, Phillies, etc) were hideous.

I think it would be a really weird change to go to powder blue. The biggest problem is the yellow...Brewers would have to get rid of the yellow it once had because honestly contrasting colors don't work well with the powder blue. Dark blues and white work well though(see Rays/Royals).

It will never happen...but I nice retro thought not related to the ball logo.

I think a powder blue jersey can work today with white pants. But I wouldn't want to see it as a full uniform. I can't see it with gray pants. That would make it a home alternate rather than a full road set. Still, if the Royals are doing it currently, maybe that's enough.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think it would be a really weird change to go to powder blue. The biggest problem is the yellow...Brewers would have to get rid of the yellow it once had because honestly contrasting colors don't work well with the powder blue. Dark blues and white work well though(see Rays/Royals).

I will respectfully disagree.

[attachment=0]ladainian-tomlinson-powder-blue-jersey.jpg[/attachment]

With my travails and people I come across, for 4years now I've owned a golf shirt with the Ball in glove MB logo, I get compliments or a hey! Brewers fan from complete randoms. The outside world gives praise on loving that logo. There is such a sticking power on that logo, where as the standard logo I don't get any recognition.

That Tomlinson pic is like getting your fourth ace on the river card. It is the Trump card. Also, while no yellow, Carolina and Clippers look good, not to mention the old Houston Oilers.

Like any uniform, it just has to be done right.

I was born in 1971 and I'm not a fan. Giving it more though, I really do think it's the colors more than the logo, particularly that bright blue.

I don't know. I never was a fan and I still dislike it quite a bit. Squarely in the minority obviously.

Do you like the ball and glove logo in navy rather than bright blue? I do.

It will never happen...but I nice retro thought not related to the ball logo.

Didn't we wear the light blue uniforms on the road in the 70s and 80s instead of the grey teams wear today?

Didn't we wear the light blue uniforms on the road in the 70s and 80s instead of the grey teams wear today?

"Robin egg blue" was used through 84 (or 85). It was around that time most teams switched to gray.

The Brewers introduced their robin egg blue road uniforms in 1972; the 1969–71 Pilots-Brewers road uniforms were a lighter blue. As Jimbo said, they switched to gray in 1986.

The Cardinals had blue road uniforms similar to the Brewers robin egg color from 1973–84. The Royals' road blues were slightly lighter and were used from 1973–91.

Source: http://www.sportslogos.net/

We're 14 games into the season...I wonder how many of those games we have worn the ball and glove and how many we have worn the M with Barley? Seems like the ball and glove is daily now.

doesn't the starter pick the uniform for that day? maybe the players just like it, and its of no direct edict from management.

They wear the retro pinstripes on Fridays at home, but outside of that, my gut says that the players like the blue jerseys regardless of the logo.

Starting pitchers have been known to pick the day's uniform, but I don't think that's set in stone.

There is a science behind colors and aggression (i.e. wearing a red power tie to an interview). Powder blue and yellow go together fine. They just look... weak and passive.

Yes, I remember the story of a team (I think football) that painted the opposing team's locker room pink. Don't recall who it was, I think a college team?

They wear the retro pinstripes on Fridays at home, but outside of that, my gut says that the players like the blue jerseys regardless of the logo.

Starting pitchers have been known to pick the day's uniform, but I don't think that's set in stone.

I really don't get the love for the pinstripes. Of all the retro and current uniforms, those are probably my least favorite.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Starting pitcher typically has rights to the uniform choice outside of days that have a specific jersey to be worn. (Retro friday, opening day, these new BiG jerseys, etc.)

The retro jersey has had an extended stay in the past before during winning streaks.

There is a science behind colors and aggression (i.e. wearing a red power tie to an interview). Powder blue and yellow go together fine. They just look... weak and passive.

I remember seeing something on TV way back on this subject, say black uniforms (before they became trendy) ie Raiders, but also when the Pittsburgh Penguins switched their primary color from blue to black mid-season circa late 70s and there was an immediate effect on performance.

You wouldn't last long in the marketing department with that mentality. Lol.

Eh. The Dodgers, Cubs and Yankees seem to do ok. Granted those teams have a lot more history than us but I think they've all found a uniform that works and just let it be. I just think constantly changing the uniforms comes across as minor league-ish. Like they are only doing it for revenue instead of trying to find something that looks good. I actually don't mind this years caps with the ball and glove logo and the darker blue. I'd be fine with that as the main cap. I just don't like the constant switching. This isn't Oregon Ducks Football. Just find a logo and use it. And three jerseys, tops. You don't need a home and an away and a home alternate and an away altrnate and a Friday alternate and whatever else.

Well, we don't have as many uniforms as the Diamondbacks. I'm guessing that sooner of later, a player will dress in the wrong uniform and get one of those "friendly" reprimands from the commissioner's office.

Wasn't the new blue "Milwaukee" jersey originally announced as the road alternate? And isn't the blue "Brewers" jersey technically still around?

Archived