Brewer Fanatic

Ball & Glove Coming Back Full Time?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/172064958/new-uniforms-celebrate-special-events

Looking at the special event jersey arm patches and chosen hat for these events, combined with the new navy ball and glove alternative, it certainly does appear the Brewers are beginning to make the shift back to the Ball and Glove logo as the primary logo.

To which I say a loud HOORAY! :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the ball and glove logo but count me as being in favor of a completely new logo altogether in the next season or two. I think that old logos should remain a part of things without going back in time completely.

I disagree, if the brewers were really interested in making the switch, they would have not introduced new alternatives this season. The jerseys they were on sundays are exactly what i would expect for them to use for full time alternates, why introduce them before you make the change.

Overall i find their logo pretty bland and after 15 seasons of it, i'm fine with switching, and i wouldnt' mind bringing back the ball and glove logo, because the brewers can only do so much with the nickname brewers and the PC culture of today. I still would like to see what marketing agencies and designers could come up with that would be new

Yah I don't see it. They are using their new alternate jersey...pretty typical. Better for sales if you ask me.

And really in the grand scheme of things going back the the ball and glove logo might not be the best idea. They should be appealing to the younger generation not the older people. Not saying the younger generation doesn't like it, but something else would might be more widely liked.

A few things here:

1. They are not using the new alternate jersey other than on the Fourth of July jersey.

2. They are introducing an entirely new format for the ball and glove logo with the Mother's, Memorial & Father's Day jersey. Those jerseys use the current Brewers script with a ball and glove logo patch on the arm. This combination has not been on any Brewer jersey that I am aware of.

3. The usage of the All Star Game royal ball and glove instead of the M with barley or the alternate navy ball and glove signifies to me this is a soft opening of the return of the ball and glove full time.

I am having a hard time looking past how hideous all these jerseys are.

Not sure this is any sign of a return of the ball and glove logo though(as in primary logo). Possible, but if this is how they are doing it I don't really understand their goal.

i would agree, i would look at what the bucks did as a template. They went retro but didn't just modernize their jerseys from the late 80's or early 90's (even though that would have made me happy).

Which is also what the Blue Jays did...which is also what I anticipate the Brewers doing if they do go back to the ball and glove full time. Essentially becomes a modernization of the uniform, while keeping the ball and glove the same.

2. They are introducing an entirely new format for the ball and glove logo with the Mother's, Memorial & Father's Day jersey. Those jerseys use the current Brewers script with a ball and glove logo patch on the arm. This combination has not been on any Brewer jersey that I am aware of.

As there's a common thread among all teams, I wonder how much say the Brewers had in the holiday jerseys. Mother's Day jerseys feature pink, Memorial Day jerseys feature camouflage, and Father's Day uniforms feature powder blue.

Independence Day uniforms feature stars and stripes (mainly stars), with teams having the choice of how they implement blue or red. It's good that teams have some color flexibility. In the past, there were years where the Brewers wore predominantly red and the Cardinals wore predominantly blue. That wasn't right. The Jays' uniforms have maple leafs instead of stars.

Since the All Star uniforms aren't worn in the game itself, I think there's some room to go outside the box. Actually, I think you can say that about all jerseys that are only worn for one day.

MLB Unveils 300 New Looks as 2016 Specialty Uniforms Released

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

What the Astros and Blue Jays have done is fantastic. The Brewers need to do something similar with the old Braves M, which I believe was the first logo when the Pilots moved to Milwaukee. While I like the ball and glove logo it's just goofy looking to me and screams 80's...the bad parts.

3. The usage of the All Star Game royal ball and glove instead of the M with barley or the alternate navy ball and glove signifies to me this is a soft opening of the return of the ball and glove full time.

I think the people advocating for the full time return of this logo are also more inclined to read way too much into things like this, because it's what they want to see.

Gruber Lawffices

I think that old logos should remain a part of things without going back in time completely.

Thing is, the Brewers never should have changed from the ball and glove logo in the first place, thus it shouldn't even be an old logo.

They had arguably the best logo in all of sports, a contender for the GOAT and for some asinine reason, they got rid of it (hey, if we create a garbage logo, then we'll sell even MORE of the ball and glove merchandise!). Everyone knows the old logo is the best - they should just suck it up and make the full switch.

I think the people advocating for the full time return of this logo are also more inclined to read way too much into things like this, because it's what they want to see.

Instead of making an assertion about others reading too much into things, perhaps you should question why the Brewers are the only team in MLB to not use their current primary logo on any of the hats.

What the Astros and Blue Jays have done is fantastic. The Brewers need to do something similar with the old Braves M, which I believe was the first logo when the Pilots moved to Milwaukee. While I like the ball and glove logo it's just goofy looking to me and screams 80's...the bad parts.

I really love the new navy/retro yellow uniforms. Wonder how the block M would look with that? I can't see the team sticking with 3 different color schemes for long (navy/yellow, navy/gold, retro blue/yellow).

Instead of making an assertion about others reading too much into things, perhaps you should question why the Brewers are the only team in MLB to not use their current primary logo on any of the hats.

Maybe I'm wrong, but hasn't this been true since the current logo was incorporated in the 2000 season?

Can't the Brewers just leave their uniforms alone for awhile? Why do they have to tinker with them every single year? I don't buy much Brewers apparel but if I'm going spend $60 or whatever on a jersey I want to make sure it's not going to be outdated by next season. The ball and glove logo is fine but I don't like it enough to go back to full time. Using it as an alternate logo or patch on the uniforms is good enough for me.

Count me out on the glove and ball...it has its place, but it's time to move on. It ain't like that logo is tied to great successes or anything...how many world series were won with it again?

Have said it before, they should hire the Bucks logo designers and come up with something that will be full time on main uniforms from here forward, enough tinkering.

Can't the Brewers just leave their uniforms alone for awhile? Why do they have to tinker with them every single year?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Can't the Brewers just leave their uniforms alone for awhile? Why do they have to tinker with them every single year?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep. Kind of like we have however many mascots just like however many uniforms. I think official tally is Bernie Brewer, Barrellman, chorizo, hot dog, italian sausage, bratwurst, polish sausage, and Hank the Dog. Bordering on asinine.

Count me out on the glove and ball...it has its place, but it's time to move on. It ain't like that logo is tied to great successes or anything...how many world series were won with it again?

Who cares if it is tied to success? It's one of the greatest logos of all time and is instantly identifiable.

I like the current italic "M" just fine, but there's nothing interesting about it. It's so generic looking. The ball and glove, though, is elite-tier Hall of Fame stuff.

Archived